• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

it’s really coming down to seeing how much of an impact the Pacific jet can have on the S/W

more of an impact and you flatten the +PNA, kick the S/W under the block, and you get this kind of solution. and if less, well…

the worst thing is that models are HORRIBLE with that kind of stuff. good luck getting that resolved

• Like 5

it’s really coming down to seeing how much of an impact the Pacific jet can have on the S/W
more of an impact and you flatten the +PNA, kick the S/W under the block, and you get this kind of solution. and if less, well…
the worst thing is that models are HORRIBLE with that kind of stuff. good luck getting that resolved

Suspect we’ll have more clarity in 48 hours or so. Day 4/5 seems to be the sweet spot this winter for when models drastically tighten the envelope.

• Like 1

Doubt that is snow at all for DC metro from 210 on... its 36 degrees lol

Likely not. Some snow there for my area for sure but I know better than to bank on backside shenanigans. Still 7-8 days out though so I’m not too pressed on thermals / exact details at this range.

Warning level event just to the northwest of  I-95 this run.
Northern MD crushed this run.
B94B381C-DCC0-4317-BA2B-9BE145225BAE.thumb.png.a9f3937f1f802c259ce6e971019a2da0.png

Obviously not the final solution but I dig the changes run over run. Too bad the storms end is still 10 days out lol

Edit - 10:1 map, which is unlikely to occur, so one can cut this by at least 1/3 if we’re being realistic with temps. Not that clown maps really mean much at this range.

Long way to go.
The Euro & Canadian are both drastically different than the GFS.

No doubt. There’s a very long way to go. Snow maps at this range are 100% irrelevant but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy seeing pink over my house for a moment there. Yeesh, that storm slowed WAAAAAY down.

If this were the not so distant past, those are the exact models I’d want on my side at range… but we all know what’s up this winter.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic