• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

I’m pretty confused by this system. The front is well east and winds behind are wild as expected but it’s dark as midnight and absolutely pouring rain. What is this?

I think it location based...it has been quite calm here for an hour or so....gusts 10-15ish.  Not even a top 10 day for 2023 at this point as to gust speed.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think it location based...it has been quite calm here for an hour or so....gusts 10-15ish.  Not even a top 10 day for 2023 at this point as to gust speed.

Yea I guess to mix down it really is super localized more than a typical gust front. I’ve had stronger winds this year for sure (I guess upper 40s is peak - my sensor got hit from an odd angle and disconnected lol) but it kinda jumped out after I figured it’d hit. 

Multiple tornado warnings now east of us. 

• Like 1

1.02" of rain so far today and plenty of hail as the front came through the county over the last hour. This is the largest daily rainfall we have received so far here in 2023. It is the largest rain since the 1.16" on October 13th. Also our warmest reading of the year so far with a high of 68.7

2023-04-01 18.39.31.jpg

8 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Yea winds are pretty calm at this point like 5-8mph. I thought they were supposed to stay sustained through the rest of the evening

Seems you need precip around to mix them down - but it’s gusty as hell out west still and dry so might just be delayed. It was supposed to be windier after sunset as forecast so time will tell. 

And TOR on radar awfully close to Trenton 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Seems you need precip around to mix them down - but it’s gusty as hell out west still and dry so might just be delayed. It was supposed to be windier after sunset as forecast so time will tell. 

And TOR on radar awfully close to Trenton 

Both times it rained here winds went calm. Only blowing when the sun is out.

• Like 1