• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

CTP has me near 50 for that time period. I'd imagine any if any of those days feature more sun that forecast, 50 should be a lock.

The 12Z Rgem raises the stakes 10 more degrees on Mon.  Something to watch while we wait for the next cold period.   The Nam is 20 degrees colder Monday. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 12Z Rgem raises the stakes 10 more degrees on Mon.  Something to watch while we wait for the next cold period.   The Nam is 20 degrees colder Monday. 

Meanwhile, at my location in Arkansas I'm looking a solid 5 days of highs in the 30s with nearly daily chances of rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow. 

Head to Arkansas for winter weather! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, paweather said:

That sweet. LOL will it happen? 

As several others have said, once we get past the potential Monday torch, a boundary sets up to our south and various waves are riding it.  GFS has a wave at a similar time but it dampens it and is really not in play for us on this run but definitely a keep your eye on event.    We cannot let @Itstrainingtimehave all the winter while he is gone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

As several others have said, once we get past the potential Monday torch, a boundary sets up to our south and various waves are riding it.  GFS has a wave at a similar time but it dampens it and is really not in play for us on this run but definitely a keep your eye on event.    We cannot let @Itstrainingtimehave all the winter while he is gone. 

Agreed after he bashed me yesterday with the Ji comments he can't have all the fun. :D

• Haha 1

Just now, anotherman said:

I watched him a lot when I was a kid. I'll never forget the game where he homered from both sides of the plate.

Yep, that was the "take a walk Jim Rooker" game.  He did not even start that game.  I watched that one on TV but was at the Vet for one of the Jet's five total Homeruns.   He got into bounty hunting after baseball!  LOL 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

37 with similar conditions here. Don't really know what to make of next week's weather. I guess expect the unexpected? 

We have had similar time periods the last few years, based on my memory, and although it seems unlikely we totally shut out, I think it has happened recently.  Basically, seasonably cold and dry on most guidance.  I am not staking too much on the Icon at this point.  Feb is going to be starting off on a BN departure after the Jan #2 or #3 all time super torch.   If MDT gets to 55-60 on Monday, I think #2 is for the taking. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have had similar time periods the last few years, based on my memory, and although it seems unlikely we totally shut out, I think it has happened recently.  Basically, seasonably cold and dry on most guidance.  I am not staking too much on the Icon at this point.  Feb is going to be starting off on a BN departure after the Jan #2 or #3 all time super torch.   If MDT gets to 55-60 on Monday, I think #2 is for the taking. 

If MDT can't get there on Monday...nobody Jeltz can! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

How did you get a pic of Blizz tearing down the goalpost prior to him posting snow maps? 

Hehe.  I hope Blizz is coming up with something good and not tearing anything down.   I just went to the MA LR looking for the next window and came away feeling defeated.  Going to need my normal Saturday Am Blizz uplift posts tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hehe.  I hope Blizz is coming up with something good and not tearing anything down.   I just went to the MA LR looking for the next window and came away feeling defeated.  Going to need my normal Saturday Am Blizz uplift posts tomorrow. 

Blizz will deliver some good vibes. I think he missed his calling as a pro "events" scout. He'd find a Tom B. redux every year. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some people in Lanco are fed up after 12Z and instead of moving the goalposts, they are moving to where the goalposts are wider.

Through the first 26 days of #January2023, there has not been a single day with below-avg. temps at @millersvilleu. Only one day (Jan. 14) had a normal daily mean temp, and temps will be above avg. through at least Jan. 30th. We’re on track for a top-5 warmest January on record!

On only two days (Jan. 14th and Jan. 21st) have high temps remained below 40°F. In January 1932, there wasn’t a single below-avg. day. It’s a real possibility that we repeat that feat this month..

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Your post sounds like commentary from the mid 80's arcade game called Punch Out.  I wasted a lot of $$$ at the Carlisle MJ Mall on it. 

Lol .  Yes The NES version of Mike Tysons Punch Out,  and the Tyson , Holyfield fight is the architecture of that post.  Around here we all went broke playing Killer Instinct at Trindle Bowl . 

4 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Lol .  Yes The NES version of Mike Tysons Punch Out,  and the Tyson , Holyfield fight is the architecture of that post.  Around here we all went broke playing Killer Instinct at Trindle Bowl . 

Ha.  I remember "Body blow, body blow, body blow...he's down for the count....Get up, get up, get up...fight!"  I never plated Killer Instinct 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ha.  I remember "Body blow, body blow, body blow...he's down for the count....Get up, get up, get up...fight!"  I never plated Killer Instinct 

This winter keeps fighting dirty, and connecting with haymakers. He just keeps moving  forward  absorbing all the shots . You would think CTE would be a concern, but no he just keeps going.  Eventually he has to land a roundhouse right.

How to Beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out: 14 Steps (with Pictures)

• Haha 1