Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,128
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Joined

Central PA Summer 2022


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A high of 90 yesterday and low of 66 last night.  Now we get hot hot hot for the next couple days.  Relief on Sunday.  MDT ended up exactly average for June.

 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I hope we (at least here) stay near 80 Sat :-) 

90 was also my high yesterday, eked out a 69.4 here this morning.

CTP has 92 for me today and 87 tomorrow. Some bust potential tomorrow dependent on how soon or late in the day clouds and storms arrive me thinks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

 

90 was also my high yesterday, eked out a 69.4 here this morning.

CTP has 92 for me today and 87 tomorrow. Some bust potential tomorrow dependent on how soon or late in the day clouds and storms arrive me thinks. 

Yep but the one thing that's guaranteed is the humidity.  Take extra tee shirts to your picnics :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No official stations around the LSV hit 90 yesterday though CXY has a 90 in their hourly but their 6 hour high does not so may be an issue there.   Already 75 here. The rain may be the only thing stopping all from busting well into the 90's today but seems likely we get one 90's day.

I got closer than I expected with 89.2 yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

No official stations around the LSV hit 90 yesterday though CXY has a 90 in their hourly but their 6 hour high does not so may be an issue there.   Already 75 here. The rain may be the only thing stopping all from busting well into the 90's today but seems likely we get one 90's day.

Looks like the hotbox of CXY did in fact hit 91 yesterday.  Statewide, IPT and PHL were the only other 90s, with both also hitting the 91 mark.  MDT, LNS, THV, and RDG al topped out at 89.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Looks like the hotbox of CXY did in fact hit 91 yesterday.  Statewide, IPT and PHL were the only other 90s, with both also hitting the 91 mark.  MDT, LNS, THV, and RDG al topped out at 89.

I figured something was wrong with their reporting page as it only shows 88.  (Edit-I think I think I see why, the 88 is 8 hours from the previous report)

 

image.png.e6ef754c578325d019beaec435ae5780.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I figured something was wrong with their reporting page as it only shows 88.  (Edit-I think I think I see why, the 88 is 8 hours from the previous report)

 

image.png.e6ef754c578325d019beaec435ae5780.png

No, the NWS website simply didn't report the 19:56 observation, which is the METAR in which the 6-hour maximum would have been reported.

Here is the missing observation showing a high of 32.8C:

KCXY 302356Z 00000KT 10SM CLR 31/12 A3012 RMK AO2 SLP197 T03110122 10328 20306 55003

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

They look a little more widespread right along the border - you might get wet fairly early. 

It is possible I come away from this with no 90 days at all.  it is mostly cloudy here now.   Later next week there is some warmth around though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is possible I come away from this with no 90 days at all.  it is mostly cloudy here now.   Later next week there is some warmth around though. 

Barely made it to 90 here yesterday...today will likely be day #2, but overall, this particular "heat episode" is not nearly as impressive as it looked last week at this time. Certainly nothing close to extreme. We'll see what happens going forward. 

Today will be day #11 at or above 90 here...still, this season has been quite pleasant overall. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Barely made it to 90 here yesterday...today will likely be day #2, but overall, this particular "heat episode" is not nearly as impressive as it looked last week at this time. Certainly nothing close to extreme. We'll see what happens going forward. 

Today will be day #11 at or above 90 here...still, this season has been quite pleasant overall. 

You now have more 90 degree days than I have mows. If it does not rain today or tomorrow my mowing is on total hold. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...