Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 4-6 Severe Outbreak

nwohweather

4 minutes ago, Calderon said:

Yeah, that’s not what I meant. That pic you posted is a screenshot of the first tornado that actually went through Allendale, not the 2nd that went through Ulmer.

This was sent to me from Corey who works at R and R. This is the same tornado that had just went through Allendale according to his father who was pulling into R and R after leaving Allendale. Corey was going out of the back door when he filmed this. The complete video is too large for me to upload here, but you can see it now on WLTX as he sent it there after he sent it to a few of us. There are only 8 miles that separate Allendale and Ulmer. 

10 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

This was sent to me from Corey who works at R and R. This is the same tornado that had just went through Allendale according to his father who was pulling into R and R after leaving Allendale. Corey was going out of the back door when he filmed this. The complete video is too large for me to upload here, but you can see it now on WLTX as he sent it there after he sent it to a few of us. There are only 8 miles that separate Allendale and Ulmer. 

Gotcha. The way you worded originally made it seem like that was the 2nd supercell that wound up dropping in Ulmer versus the 1st that went through Allendale, when that image/video was taken. 

Interested to see the storm surveys from yesterday. Seems we had several violent tornadoes based on radar imagery and videos. I haven’t seen any ridiculous damage images yet, thank god, but it’s likely bc they mostly hit rural areas

This afternoon will be interesting. Parameters for significant tornadoes are there but CAPE seems limited where they exist (northern Georgia). If we can get the sun out and more heating to capitalize on this, today could be another dangerous day. Tricky forecast though given the stable air from yesterdays event and remaining boundaries. Hi-res has backed off today on a widespread severe threat but I definitely think an few isolated tornadoes will happen (nothing close to yesterday) but a few could be strong given the shear profiles noted on NAM and HRRR modeling in central Georgia 

Heck of a day down here and really we lucked out. Due to the water table (whole place is a swamp) basements are not something common at all in this region. Thank God this didn't head to around Charleston, you have a metro area the size of Dayton with absolutely no basements. Really a worst case scenario for violent tornadoes

5 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Heck of a day down here and really we lucked out. Due to the water table (whole place is a swamp) basements are not something common at all in this region. Thank God this didn't head to around Charleston, you have a metro area the size of Dayton with absolutely no basements. Really a worst case scenario for violent tornadoes

Is there any kind of precedent for violent tornadoes in coastal cities? I feel like they are extremely rare (the recent New Orleans tornado nearly meeting the criteria).

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to April 4-6 Severe Outbreak