• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

6 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

We have big swings in temps. from here to there. 

Yea, a lot depends on where the flow is coming from.  Being on the west side of the mountain, with lots of valleys to my South West, a SW flow means we warm up easily.  It was also cloudy most of the night here.   Just the other side of the mountain (and a bit North), Cashtown is 6 degrees cooler than me.  MDT only got down to 50 as well. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

49 here.  A pretty consistent theme between our two locations is me getting colder than you at night and you getting more rain than me in most events.

I agree, and would say the rain thing is probably more of a "dumb luck" kind of deal whereas the temp discrepancy probably is more based on met reasoning.  

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I read this smiling and shaking my head simultaneously - I'm now what...nearly 2 months into mowing season here? I'm probably over a dozen times now. 

I could have mowed one more time in between but it was not growing (like the trees) and I have the yard professional managed with preemergent and feedings.  Just up the hill from me, the trees have no buds and grass is still not growing.  It's weird.  I suspect I will start mowing pretty regular right now with all the rain coming and seemingly no more frost. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I could have mowed one more time in between but it was not growing (like the trees) and I have the yard professional managed with preemergent and feedings.  Just up the hill from me, the trees have no buds and grass is still not growing.  It's weird.  I suspect I will start mowing pretty regular right now with all the rain coming and seemingly no more frost. 

"The year with no summer" - South Mountain, 2022. LOL

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

4 mows in for me.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

He has to expand his county itinerary though.   He said 5 counties which is less than half of the 11 which encompass the area. 

What are our 11 counties?

Franklin, Adams, Cumberland, York, Lancaster, Dauphin, Schuylkill. 

Who we including in the other 4? 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks. I wasn't sure if you were referring to a specific geographical area, or were listing the counties represented by our posters. 

That would have been too much work to try and confirm that I had them all.  LOL.  Not sure anyone here, that is regular, lives in Chester (or Perry?)

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I agree, and would say the rain thing is probably more of a "dumb luck" kind of deal whereas the temp discrepancy probably is more based on met reasoning.  

Completely agreed, although perhaps there is a touch of impact on rain totals with you having a bit of elevation on me and rising up off the river.  Who knows.  Temperature difference is definitely impacted by me being in a low-lying spot off a ridge and having my back yard butt up against very rural terrain for miles and miles.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just got in my second mow of the season.  Grass was long.  LOL

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I read this smiling and shaking my head simultaneously - I'm now what...nearly 2 months into mowing season here? I'm probably over a dozen times now. 

Me too

edit- only 8 mows

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

i'm almost at the point of spring where i'll be mowing 2 times a week. I mowed Friday and i really should mow today or tomorrow but won't have a chance. 

Hmm, its gonna be wet a lot as well.  I think I will have to mow twice a week for a but in May but that is rare.  For me to have a dozen mows right now, I would have had to start mowing in Feb. 

• Haha 1