• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

"Rotor" is the ride you're referring to and is no longer in the park. It was a right of passage as a teen in the 70s to ride that, get off, and hurl. 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is my 2nd favorite theme park (and I've been to a LOT) only trailing Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. Both parks are very happy places for me to immerse myself in. 

Oh Man you’re really bringing back memories with talk of the Rotor haha. When i was 11 or 12 a buddy of mine and I rode that thing like 7 times in a row. The things you can get away with when you’re that age ha. We used to crawl upside down with our heads facing the floor and the attendant would have to yell through the speaker that they were going to stop the ride if we didn’t stay upright. Ah good times. 

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Oh Man you’re really bringing back memories with talk of the Rotor haha. When i was 11 or 12 a buddy of mine and I rode that thing like 7 times in a row. The things you can get away with when you’re that age ha. We used to crawl upside down with our heads facing the floor and the attendant would have to yell through the speaker that they were going to stop the ride if we didn’t stay upright. Ah good times. 

I rode that thing one time. That was enough. I did have fun encouraging others to give it a whirl though. LOL 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I was always afraid of being beside someone who puked.  It would plaster back into one face and then I would hurl.  I rode it two or three times in my life and I got lucky to not lose to it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just had my driveway sealing cancelled due to the weather Outlook over the next 2-3 weeks.  I was Blizz'ed!  Cannot have temps go into the 20's. 

I really need to get that done as well. In the past 2 years, I've replaced just about everything inside my house as well as a new roof. Driveway sealing is about the only thing left. 

Maybe a new mower? I'm wearing out the one I have. LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I really need to get that done as well. In the past 2 years, I've replaced just about everything inside my house as well as a new roof. Driveway sealing is about the only thing left. 

Maybe a new mower? I'm wearing out the one I have. LOL

My sealing cost $1100.  Sigh.  1/8" of a mile.  I could try to do it myself but my patience would be tested.  I am lining up a new roof this year as well.  Prices are high there too.  They usually start doing them the first week in May but mine is pushed back to June now.  I wonder if the owner reads our posts here? 

Electric mower?  Those Ego mowers are good I believe. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My sealing cost $1100.  Sigh.  1/8" of a mile.  I could try to do it myself but my patience would be tested.  I am lining up a new roof this year as well.  Prices are high there too.  They usually start doing them the first week in May but mine is pushed back to June now.  I wonder if the owner reads our posts here? 

Electric mower?  Those Ego mowers are good I believe. 

I'm really not in the market for a mower right now but I will be looking into getting an Ego. 

• Like 1