• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, this is typical.  If MDT does not hit 80 on Sun or Mon we have a shot at something record wise.  We started this discussion up here and its running now on the MA board.  Between some unrealistic expectations of "wall to wall 70's" and the preponderance of more people here to lean cold, it may leave some feeling like Spring is a failure.  Spring is behind a bit IMO but its not like we are in a deep freeze. 

Think I saw a stat a couple of days ago that come Monday, we'll be above average temps for April. Not sure if that's correct or not. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Think I saw a stat a couple of days ago that come Monday, we'll be above average temps for April. Not sure if that's correct or not. 

Indeed, MDT is -1.2 right now but will probably be above average after Monday....though the days that close out the month may beat that down to slightly below again. Some freeze warnings may be coming. 

Wow, that is a big batch of qpf in Western PA right now. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Indeed, MDT is -1.2 right now but will probably be above average after Monday....though the days that close out the month may beat that down to slightly below again. Some freeze warnings may be coming. 

Wow, that is a big batch in Western PA right now. 

It is...but the local forecast for this area only mention a slight chance of a passing shower. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

LOL. 

If I'm right, the reality is I'll only have to trim under the trees weekly while I'm mowing the rest of the yard every 3-4 days. 

You are going to be double digits ahead of me soon.  I am out until at least next week.  Will be going into May with 1 or 2 mows.  Still not sign of leaves on the maple and oak trees. 

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You are going to be double digits ahead of me soon.  I am out until at least next week.  Will be going into May with 1 or 2 mows.  Still not sign of leaves on the maple and oak trees. 

My Lilacs are normally getting ready to explode, or already would have. Nothing. 

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I'm honestly surprised really. we have had rain and decent temps. Usually if they don't do well is because we go from Winter to Summer and don't have much rain.  

I am glad I am not the only one behind.  I know the folks in the Ohio Valley said they were way behind.   I look up on the mountain and its January brown with a sprinkle of some other types of trees that have a bit of green now....just not the predominant maples and oaks.   My neighbor has a cherry blossom like tree and it is just now blooming.  

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am glad I am not the only one behind.  I know the folks in the Ohio Valley said they were way behind.   I look up on the mountain and its January brown with a sprinkle of some other types of trees that have a bit of green now....just not the predominant maples and oaks.   My neighbor has a cherry blossom like tree and it is just now blooming.  

My lawn has exploded though. I really should be cutting twice a week. 

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

My lawn has exploded though. I really should be cutting twice a week. 

I think mine would have as well were it not for being under 1-2" of snow for a day. It actually shrunk back or at least did not grow much.  Still green where I have grass but not growing much right now.  Just checked it this AM.   I have a lot of areas where I am still trying to grow again from a bad drought a few years ago and they are not growing at all. 

• Like 1