• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

Just now, Voyager said:

Still plain rain here. Temp down to 36. Crazy how low elevations near the MD line are all snow, and here at 800+ feet I'm all rain.

If the low proceeds as progged and gets to your South East while you are still in the shield, tonight, you will be getting snow IMO.   And some of those pics I posted are a good 30-45 min south of the MD line believe it or not.  Within 45 min of DC. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If the low proceeds as progged and gets to your South East while you are still in the shield, tonight, you will be getting snow IMO.   And some of those pics I posted are a good 30-45 min south of the MD line believe it or not.  Within 45 min of DC. 

Look at the heavy returns sw of Frederick.  Best may yet to come.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Hrrr and 3k both are too warm here by 3-5 degrees.  It's 36.7 currently.  They show 41-42:weenie:

Yea, they have been warm (at more than one level) all day.    I would not have had flake one if the AM HRRR was right.  So, its depiction of a beatdown NE of Harrisburg, tonight, may be right or may be very wrong.  LOL 

46 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Shoutout to @Blizzard of 93for keeping the faith 

Definitely. 

Blizz is the guy at the Phillies game on his feet cheering when the Phils are down 27-1 in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs and no one on base. He'd swear to everyone around him that there was still a chance.

Except...there wouldn't be anyone left around him. He'd be the only fan left. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Definitely. 

Blizz is the guy at the Phillies game on his feet cheering when the Phils are down 27-1 in the bottom of the 9th, 2 outs and no one on base. He'd swear to everyone around him that there was still a chance.

Except...there wouldn't be anyone left around him. He'd be the only fan left. 

Second time in a few weeks.  :-)

image.png.bd1a72b353a4cac6ba3a8aa3196671e6.pngimage.jpeg.1d5faae63ddd7e39c9ef81f87c239dbd.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Heavy rain now. It's pouring. Interestingly, my temp fell from 46 to 37 in the first hour of precip here. With the onset of this band of heavy rain my temp is risen to 39.

I hope you wake tomorrow to a whitening.   We have transitioned to mostly rain at this point...over here. 

• Thanks 1

Label this the "Surprised" report out of Williamsport.  I hadn't been paying attention all afternoon. Then I realized it was snowing lightly at 4:15p. We weren't supposed to switch to snow until 9:00p. The temperature at Montoursville Airport is now 34. It wasn't supposed to reach 34 until 3:00a, according to Wunderground, which still is calling for 1-3. Advisory updated at 2:39p says "Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 2 inches with up to 3 inches in the highest elevations.

The snowflakes are the big fat ones we haven't seen much of in recent years.

• Like 1

NWS really dropped my snow forecast. This morning they were saying 1-3 inches. This is my new forecast.

Tonight
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3am. Low around 32. East wind 6 to 13 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
  • Sad 2