• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

AM lows across Chester County ranged from from the mid-40's in valley locations to low 50's on the ridges. Another beautiful day today before more unsettled weather for mid-week. Our record high for today is the sizzling 99 degrees back in 1899, The record low is the 38 degrees in 1958. Record rain is the 2.65" from 1928.

image.png.ed9607e0fa62affb5f51aa303d2995a7.png

Once the winds went calm overnight, I had some pretty efficient radiational cooling, dropping down to a low of 53 this morning about 10 minutes before sunrise.  Have since gotten a few puffs of breeze the past hour and with full sun, and a cloudless sky, the temp has recovered nicely and I am up to 70 with dp a pleasant 46.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Once the winds went calm overnight, I had some pretty efficient radiational cooling, dropping down to a low of 53 this morning about 10 minutes before sunrise.  Have since gotten a few puffs of breeze the past hour and with full sun, and a cloudless sky, the temp has recovered nicely and I am up to 70 with dp a pleasant 46.

Wow, warming up fast there! Made it down to 53F here as well, currently 63, dp 48. The weekend was about as nice as you could ask for, for doing stuff outside.

12 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Today was in my book a top 10 day - DP dropped into the 30's this PM with high temps across Chesco including: East Nantmeal  VP2 73.4 / EN Ambient 73.4/ EN Tempest 76.3 /  /KMQS 75.2 /Elverson 77.8 / Marsh Creek 80.8 / West Brandwine Twp 77.3 and Downingtown 76.7

Amen. We ate out on the deck last night, and afterwards we chilled out on the patio chairs for a couple of hours. It was just perfect last night.

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Wow, warming up fast there! Made it down to 53F here as well, currently 63, dp 48. The weekend was about as nice as you could ask for, for doing stuff outside.

Up to 77 now with dp 47.  I think it's supposed to go up to the 80s today.  Have started moving the overwintering tropicals out.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

You could see Adam Joseph was disappointed during the 6pm weather when he said no heat in the foreseeable future...I practically jumped through the ceiling in joy.

Temps still up there but DP low...

low.jpg

A bitter pill for him to swallow. It's the same...damn...pattern feels like it will never change. 

On 6/4/2022 at 8:48 PM, CoolHandMike said:

Man what a beautiful day today. If the rest of summer could be like this, I'd be ok with that.

I've been out of town for a few days, and my wife hurt her back right before I left so she couldn't mow--it's been 10 days since we mowed last. Two hours of bushwhacking later, and I barely had to wipe the sweat from my brow. 25% humidity FTW.

Indeed, My sister had her tent wedding in our back yard in Pottstown! What a wonderful time! 

1 hour ago, zenmsav6810 said:

Indeed, My sister had her tent wedding in our back yard in Pottstown! What a wonderful time! 

Been to a late Summer/Fall tent wedding and it was one of the best. And it's less expensive and more scenic than being stuck in a building. Right up my alley...

73F/ DP 60F Winds have picked up and stuff to the W

6-7-2022 10-00-31 AM.jpg

Have shared variations of this before... but some clear strong consistency across the 3 longest running NWS Cooperative locations in Chester County...with the vast majority of the warmest summer (June thru August) decades occurring prior to the 1990s.  Eight (8) of the top ten (10) warm summer decades at both Coatesville and Phoenixille occurred before the 1990's and seven (7) of the top ten (10) warmest summers at West Chester also were realized prior to 1990. That said - I note that the 2000's and 2010's would likely have ranked much higher with the change in Coatesville/Western Chesco obs to the higher elevation stations starting in the mid-1980's

image.png.84cdc51e70a6d03f3810061ed49b6852.png

5 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Feeling the occasional spit of rain outside, but the radar returns over me suggest that there's a lot of virga.

Yeah, decent echoes over me right now and basically nothing. Tomorrow night seems more active w/showers and maybe some overnight boomers...

71F/ DP 59F

Ended up hitting a high of 80 yesterday after a low of 58.  What was most notable was that the humidity just spiked into something awful.  I did pick up 0.10" of rain, mostly in the couple hours before midnight.

After a low of 67 earlier this morning, It's still unsettled, attempting to clear one moment, and then clouding over the next, with current temp 71 and dp 69.

I caved and put the AC on too. It's only 82F but the 65F DP makes it a bit uncomfortable.

P.S. What are we to do with all these weenies from Greenskeeper? Can we redeem them for prizes like skee ball tickets? I think I have enough for the large Hello Kitty plush, a rainbow wig and some sparklers & snaps. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JTA66 said:

I caved and put the AC on too. It's only 82F but the 65F DP makes it a bit uncomfortable.

P.S. What are we to do with all these weenies from Greenskeeper? Can we redeem them for prizes like skee ball tickets? I think I have enough for the large Hello Kitty plush, a rainbow wig and some sparklers & snaps. 

For every 100 you receive, you'll get a used range ball!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Oddly enough DPs have been going down from the high 60s earlier in the day to the current mid-upper 50s from various observations. After sunset A/C shuts off, windows open awaiting rain...

Should be a good evening for fireflies, got a quarter inch of rain last night, hoping for another 3/4" or so later on. Sounds like it could be interesting after midnight.

22 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Should be a good evening for fireflies, got a quarter inch of rain last night, hoping for another 3/4" or so later on. Sounds like it could be interesting after midnight.

This is the stuff heading our way. Decently intense in Maryland/DC, not sure it will hold intensity up this way?

83F/ DP 56F

head.jpg

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

This is the stuff heading our way. Decently intense in Maryland/DC, not sure it will hold intensity up this way?

83F/ DP 56F

head.jpg

Saw that tornado-warned storm SW of B'more. Sure enough, relative velocity was very apparent. The warning has since lapsed, but the signature is still there (as I type this).

7 hours ago, JTA66 said:

During senior week (Wildwood) I probably played 20+hrs total of drunken ski ball and accumulated a bail of tickets. Cash it in for a pretty cool Led Zeppelin framed mirror. But then again probably sank $100+ in quarters and the mirror probably retailed for $30. Fun though... 

74F/ DP 59F

Stuff:

6-8-2022 9-01-21 PM.jpg