• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Kinda shit brewing all over the place...

67F/ DP 65F

5-27-2022 8-07-38 PM.jpg

We were splitting wood and just sat sown for a kettle fire, one of the last of the season, and I looked at the radar. I said to my wife maybe it's virga, hardyharhar. Hopefully we'll get an hour or two in before the reds get here, if it holds together. Getting a few drops now and then currently. Glow worms are out tonight, as they were last night.

Screenshot_20220527-214725_copy_1323x1464_copy_339x376.png.3c9b79ef24db458bcc0a5e56a72ba5c0.png

2 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

Getting some training, heavy rain now. Not much in the way of thunder. If I wasn't planning on staying up a couple more hours, this would be wonderful to fall asleep to.

I had more lightning tonight than in the past. No atomic thunder bombs.

2am, had a brief downpour around 1am. Steady mist/drizzle now....critter/crickets are certainly out.

66F/ DP 65F

6 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

We were splitting wood and just sat sown for a kettle fire, one of the last of the season, and I looked at the radar. I said to my wife maybe it's virga, hardyharhar. Hopefully we'll get an hour or two in before the reds get here, if it holds together. Getting a few drops now and then currently. Glow worms are out tonight, as they were last night.

Screenshot_20220527-214725_copy_1323x1464_copy_339x376.png.3c9b79ef24db458bcc0a5e56a72ba5c0.png

You had to plan out stuff between showers/rain, I almost got burnt between 1-2am going/walking to Wawa. Literally 10 minutes when I came back....a downpour. (1:30am-ish) 

4:50am, 2nd Wawa round. Birds are going nuts....crickets went to bed.

3rd precip round....where's drought guy?

63F/A/C off...

3rd.jpg

Ended up getting another 0.76 of rain between 11 pm and midnight from the cluster that came through overnight giving me a total of 1.26" yesterday.  Had another 0.01" just after midnight for a total of 1.27" 2-day total.  That overnight pass triggered all kinds of convection although didn't hear anything and may have been more cloud-to-cloud.

Current temp is 64 with dp 64 and watching to see what the next batch does.

lightning-05282022.PNG

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Totally baffling at one point John Bolaris was ahead of Glenn....

63F/ Cloudy

That was a nice parting segment for him.

He was one of the rare "locally born and raised" TV mets who eventually managed to "return home" and remain here for a good chunk of his career before retiring.  That's the one thing about mets - especially broadcast - where you pretty much have to be resigned to go anywhere in the U.S. for a job.

Here is a link to his recognition in the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia (inducted back in 2010)  - https://www.broadcastpioneers.com/bp3/glennschwartz.html

And Bolaris was just a bizarre clown.

Looks like the latest batch of precip on the radar has been breaking up and I'll probably be missed or sideswiped but will see.

5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

So much for the sun today big surprise

There are some weird puffy cumulus clouds out there today - at least in my neck of the woods.  It's still sunny but I expect it's a result of CAA and the storms to the north and east. I had assumed that Sunday would be the better of the two weekend days in any case.

You are on the southern fringe of all those storms.

Temp is up to 75 here with dp 65 (low was 64 this morning).

11 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

It's almost 5pm and the temperature is still rising. Already 4°F over forecast. 84 right now. At least it's dry-ish?

v22s4dN.png

Wow what a difference across most of Chester County with some elevation ...East Nantmeal could do no better than 76.1 and KMQS Chester County Airport only made it to 77.0....you are in a very warm spot...assuming a low elevation in the Reading PA area

18 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

It's almost 5pm and the temperature is still rising. Already 4°F over forecast. 84 right now. At least it's dry-ish?

v22s4dN.png

Think you may need to check your siting or thermometer...no spots across all of PA with the exception of the PHL airport heat islands even got to 82 degrees....image.thumb.png.ced9b706b7f0cf209d55dbf025a67b99.png