• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England snowstorm memories.

CoastalWx

The 1/12 radar is definitely the best looking radar we've had in a long time...at the very least, since 12/9/05.

Yeah that is disgusting... and remember all the CT posters absolutely freaking out about that dryslot only to have it get absolutely shut down as it hit the coastline. That was amazing how that dry slot was crushed due east along the coast.

Yeah that is disgusting... and remember all the CT posters absolutely freaking out about that dryslot only to have it get absolutely shut down as it hit the coastline. That was amazing how that dry slot was crushed due east along the coast.

Yeah and some of knew it was going to do that, but yet we still had all these people freaking out. I think CT_blizz asked about 12 different times in the span of one hour if he was going to dry slot, lol. :lol:

Yeah and some of knew it was going to do that, but yet we still had all these people freaking out. I think CT_blizz asked about 12 different times in the span of one hour if he was going to dry slot, lol. :lol:

Well historically, he did. 14" and done. This was the storm that broke that camels back.

I'm reading the old Jan 10-11, 2009 thread now. Pretty funny stuff.

Imagine if there was a board for 1993, 1978, heck even 1888

Wiz is inventing lightbulbs before the storm hits.

Kevin has to wake up by the sound of chickens in the morning.

will just got done writing for the boston newspaper with the Boston Braves playing the Brooklyn dodgers at the polo grounds

Vim Toot is a game trapper and still is fighting in the Native American war

SkiMrg is skiiing on trunks of trees while using branches as poles

Kevin came back with Typhoid, hes dead before the storm.

Scooters throwing boxes of tea in the oceanr

MEkster was a huge weenie during that 2/23-24/10 storm, he drove up to Diamond Hill in the obs thread to see parachutes falling. :lol:

I was angry. I was like 5-10 miles as a crow flies from heavy snow in attleboro. Had 55-60dbz echoes overhead for 3 hours there and all it was white rain falling. Another attlehole screwjob. On my birthday no less.

So, I figured I'd treat myself to a birthday present and drive the 15 minutes to see S+

I was angry. I was like 10 miles as a crow flies from heavy snow in attleboro. Had 55-60dbz echoes overhead for 3 hours there and all it was white rain falling. Another attlehole screwjob. On my birthday no less.

So, I figured I'd treat myself to a birthday present and drive the 15 minutes to see S+ :rolleyes:

Reading the obs thread was funny, you kept reporting huge golfball sized slush bombs mixed in but you couldn't get it to flip to all snow despite those huge echoes over you. You went up to that hill and saw huge parachutes falling with accumulation.

That was the most classic elevation event we've seen I think in the past 4 or 5 years here. 900mb temps of like -2C, 950mb temps of near 0C, and 1000mb temps of like +2C. We were the only two people that forecasted that event well. I remember you were on the desk for that the day before. BOX had like 7-12" for that in the hills here and I had 8-13"...while the TV outlets all had like 2-4 or 3-5" lol.

Reading the obs thread was funny, you kept reporting huge golfball sized slush bombs mixed in but you couldn't get it to flip to all snow despite those huge echoes over you. You went up to that hill and saw huge parachutes falling with accumulation.

That was the most classic elevation event we've seen I think in the past 4 or 5 years here. 900mb temps of like -2C, 950mb temps of near 0C, and 1000mb temps of like +2C. We were the only two people that forecasted that event well. I remember you were on the desk for that the day before. BOX had like 7-12" for that in the hills here and I had 8-13"...while the TV outlets all had like 2-4 or 3-5" lol.

I hope you haven't peaked as you have hit 30

Here's the route I took that night. My house in attleboro at point A. It's 5.5 miles (or so) as a crow flies (8 miles driving). It was all snow about the time I got to the RI border if not a mile west of that on 120. Painful.

post-13-0-07215200-1313553341.png

Here's the route I took that night. My house in attleboro at point A. It's 5.5 miles (or so) as a crow flies (8 miles driving). It was all snow about the time I got to the RI border if not a mile west of that on 120. Painful.

Here was your initial post while still at home:

http://www.easternus...ost__p__4699542

post-1391-12669844599147.png

That stuff was moving NW/NNW...just a firehose off the Atlantic.

That was the wettest snow of over 10" I had seen probably since April 1997...though January 2-3, 2006 was close. We were right around the 10" mark and that stuff was complete mashed potatoes. Maybe I'm missing one in there, but I don't think so.

Obviously December 1996 was a plaster bomb too.

That was the wettest snow of over 10" I had seen probably since April 1997...though January 2-3, 2006 was close. We were right around the 10" mark and that stuff was complete mashed potatoes. Maybe I'm missing one in there, but I don't think so.

That was a sneaky good storm Will, not talked about very often. What was the set-up for that one? Was it a Miller B with a marginally cold airmass?

I stupidly went to WaWa the next morning just as it was flipping to rain... what a disaster

A good Ekster quote:

"it's 50/50 snow here. Like a true weenie I'm getting in my car and taking the 15 minute ride up 120 to near the intersection with diamond hill road. I need to see 100% snow"

If I had only another 100 ft in elevation I probably would have had accum snowfall at my place.

Yeah the elevation gradient was sick in that storm...ma_blizzard and weatherMA who live probably 5-7 miles by the way the crow flies SE of me but between 400-500 feet had like 4" of slop while I had 11.5" of paste on top of winter hill at over 900 feet.

You said this in that thread:

I'm 50/50 rain snow right now at 34.9F. Golfball sized slush balls. It's trying to cool real hard but doesn't seem to be doing so at a fast enough rate. The boundary layer wet bulb temps have been a killer today and tonight. The only way you're really gonna cool down the boundary layer now is through melting...which is occurring but I'm not sure if it'll be enough for a long enough period of time to cover the ground. There's another intense blob near fall river heading my way...but again it's very transitory.

Lol...golfball sized slushballs is my favorite line.

The Jan 2-3, 2006 would have been another good one for Ekster to tie the noose in Attleboro looking at the NW RI totals...but at least Attlehole got 4" in that rather than almost nothing.

I think I would have been OK with the 4" in that case. I think Ray would have tied the noose tho.