Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, anotherman said:

It always is, it seems.  I can recall driving to work and literally nowhere else was icy or snowy except that whole area.  Kind of a little microclimate.

I’m the Fed ex driver in Columbia and Marietta/Maytown and everything is flat but Chickies Hill. If we’re getting decent snow I say screw Marietta and stay in town Columbia. lol

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

So next day delivery becomes the next day for another day?  Lol!

I only do that if it’s really snowing or icy, the company hates if they have to pay a tow truck driver to pull you out. Never been towed in 27 years and am out most of the time in snow. Have to be smart where you drive that’s all. People understand if conditions are bad and they have to wait another day.

2 minutes ago, Birdbean said:

I only do that if it’s really snowing or icy, the company hates if they have to pay a tow truck driver to pull you out. Never been towed in 27 years and am out most of the time in snow. Have to be smart where you drive that’s all. People understand if conditions are bad and they have to wait another day.

I am sure.  And I know some stuff really is important to get there next day but your safety is more important.  I was sort of glad to hear you say it.  We had a Wal-Mart delivery in the middle of the storm, last evening.  It was a box of cat food!  Crazy the driver put themselves in peril over that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am sure.  And I know some stuff really is important to get there next day but your safety is more important.  I was sort of glad to hear you say it.  We had a Wal-Mart delivery in the middle of the storm, last evening.  It was a box of cat food!  Crazy the driver put themselves in peril over that.

That is nuts to be out last night, that was ground I’m FedEx express. We aren’t out on sundays or if it’s to bad they call us to come back to our station. No sense to be out and risk accidents or getting stuck over cat litter. lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Amazing dropped of a set of pens last night at 845. It is insanity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Still not quite there but closer 

go look at ICON for comparison.  More neg tilt and still slides right.  Like you said, plenty of time, so lets hope it ticks towards the Euro.  I hate saying that because I'm now rooting/wishcasting for a model that hasnt been up to par.  

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It's hard to go against the 51 member Eps inside 100 hours though 

I like how you think, and will gladly step aboard your snow train bud.  Like I said earlier today, ens guidance took a little step back for me from yesterdays event.  

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The EPS supports the Euro Op as well.

I know I know....but as much as I wanna believe, I dont just put faith in the model that shows me what I want...I put faith in the model that produces results.  Am I saying its wrong...not for a second, but its 1 piece of guidance that has little support outside of its own ens, and we are already down to 4 days.  Yes, the GFS at 102 looks a little better and is trending, but the separation between it and the Euro is notable and makes me a bit suspect.  I'm not leaving the table, but I'm holding chips for this round.  After yesterday, I'd think that a reasonable approach.

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

I know I know....but as much as I wanna believe, I dont just put faith in the model that shows me what I want...I put faith in the model that produces results.  Am I saying its wrong...not for a second, but its 1 piece of guidance that has little support outside of its own ens, and we are already down to 4 days.  Yes, the GFS at 102 looks a little better and is trending, but the separation between it and the Euro is notable and makes me a bit suspect.  I'm not leaving the table, but I'm holding chips for this round.  After yesterday, I'd think that a reasonable approach.

I agree, definitely want to see some reasonable consensus by tomorrow night.

The GFS & Canadian had this event in their longer range at different times, so it’s not like they’ve never considered this time period as a possibility.

Tomorrow’s runs will start to tell the full story.