Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Just now, TimB84 said:

It’s actually better than the 6z. We don’t get into the mid 60s in January on this one.

Not only is it better than 6Z, its supportive of the "chance" of wet snow if we can time something right.  This is going to be called the winter of tease if this keeps up.  No real major warm ups, that sustain, with occasional decent cold that bleeds over from the Western trough.  So the tease is that there is always a chance of something timing right.  But 12GFS wise, there are no slam dunks at all in the cards.  Just a chilly pattern with storm tracks to our west. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Not only is it better than 6Z, its supportive of the "chance" of wet snow if we can time something right.  This is going to be called the winter of tease if this keeps up.  No real major warm ups, that sustain, with occasional decent cold that bleeds over from the Western trough.  So the tease is that there is always a chance of something timing right.  But 12GFS wise, there are no slam dunks at all in the cards.  Just a chilly pattern with storm tracks to our west. 

Here’s a fun one: which number will be higher at MDT when winter is all said and done, lowest temperature or total snowfall?

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One thing I'll say about booing that I sort of relate to is there are games I attend that it's obvious that either a player, or even a team collectively, is "going through the motions" - while I realize that there are nights when athletes might not be feeling it, their salary should command effort if nothing else. It's hard to stomach a lack of effort from someone who is making more money that season than I'll make in my life. 

NHL just shut 'er down until next week. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

NHL just shut 'er down until next week. 

On 12/19/2021 at 9:39 PM, TimB84 said:

I could live with a pause of fans, but my morale is already in the shitter at the moment and I’m sure there are many others who would say the same, and having distractions helps immensely.

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

Just watch college football/nba/college basketball/nfl. Plenty to choose from! I do know some hockey fans who only like hockey though…I’m not into it..can’t follow the little puck.

They used to make the puck glow on TV for you...but they put an end to that thankfully.   I will say that if I had tickets to any Bowl games I would be slightly nervous.  Probably not going to cancel but some cities may go overboard and force cancel. 

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

Just watch college football/nba/college basketball/nfl. Plenty to choose from! I do know some hockey fans who only like hockey though…I’m not into it..can’t follow the little puck.

Never been an NBA fan and college football is losing my interest somewhat (especially during bowl season), but definitely a fan of the others (even if my teams are mediocre in those).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

Just need one more win so the Tomlin no losing season streak can continue and we can hear about it for another year, but I don’t see any way it happens in KC.

Did not check weather but the Steel may need something extracurricular to keep up in the game.  Mahomes has been very squirrelly this year though.   Worse than Dak. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Did no check weather but the Steel may need something extracurricular to keep up in the game.  Mahomes has been very squirrelly this year though.   Worse than Dak. 

Normally the weather in Kansas City is one of the first things on my mind, but I hadn’t looked at it until now. And we’re complaining about ours?F73E1327-9603-405C-BA77-497C49B0EE5D.thumb.jpeg.27887cc0dec2b1dd4e618c9d99657053.jpeg

Just now, TimB84 said:

Normally the weather in Kansas City is one of the first things on my mind, but I hadn’t looked at it until now. And we’re complaining about ours?

The whole Chattanooga Choo Choo thing has been shut down with the trough in the west so I was not expecting snow but was not sure about wet. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They used to make the puck glow on TV for you...but they put an end to that thankfully.   I will say that if I had tickets to any Bowl games I would be slightly nervous.  Probably not going to cancel but some cities may go overboard and force cancel. 

Probably the most annoying gimmick in televised sports history. I hated that with all my might. 

• Like 2