• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dankles
    Newest Member
    Dankles
Central PA - Fall 2021

Just now, TimB84 said:

Gives you an idea of how ridiculous the pattern would have to be to squeeze out a T in September. It’s really not plausible (but again, it’s happened once in Pittsburgh).

As for records, verbatim that gives us a high of about 43 at PIT on 9/29. We have 5 September days in our records with highs in the 40s, none since 1950, and none with a high below 46. MDT has done it once: a high of 48 on 9/28/1984.

The lows on there could conceivably give most LSV stations not named MDT a run for the record of 35.  MDT would be lucky to break 50 though.   I was surprised to see that MDT has hit freezing 3 times in Sept.  Two days in 1963 and once in 1947. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The lows on there could conceivably give most LSV stations not named MDT a run for the record of 35.  MDT would be lucky to break 50 though.   I was surprised to see that MDT has hit freezing 3 times in Sept.  Two days in 1963 and once in 1947. 

That’s more than we have at PIT (31 on 9/19/1959).

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, could be quite the nice/cool late Sept for PA.  I saw the West is getting real signs of winter.   We have had an average September so far.  

as September is going to be cold, I don't know if I asked you the question, could you give me a site that gathers the temperature records

4 hours ago, paweather said:

Have a great time see you on Gameday!

Well I won't make the set of Gameday because they are doing it in front of Old Main and I'll be tailgating all day over in the lots by the stadium, but exciting nonetheless that they are making an appearance for the fifth straight year.

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I finished with 1.2" here.

Have an amazing time! Just a few more weeks until I'm at my first game for this season. 

Man, you're always taking it to me with your totals.  Have fun up at the game!  I had to sell a number of my games this year, you know, the baby and all make trips a little tougher to swing these days.  Got to pick and choose my battles ha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

You can access a lot of it using the parameters of your choice at https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org for whatever NWS forecast office and location you choose.

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

You can access a lot of it using the parameters of your choice at https://xmacis.rcc-acis.org for whatever NWS forecast office and location you choose.

Thanks you !

4 minutes ago, MrFreeze6298 said:

You have for all states please @TimB84

Depends on what you’re looking for honestly. I can manipulate it pretty well to figure out, say, what are the highest and lowest September temperatures ever recorded at one particular location, but I’ve never used any of the multi-station tools or anything. I’m no expert, just a guy who likes stats.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Depends on what you’re looking for honestly. I can manipulate it pretty well to figure out, say, what are the highest and lowest September temperatures ever recorded at one particular location, but I’ve never used any of the multi-station tools or anything. I’m no expert, just a guy who likes stats.

9 minutes ago, MrFreeze6298 said:

You have for all states please @TimB84

I look up a lot of stuff under Multi-Station then pick the state under station selection.  You can also do the bounding area with Lat and Long numbers. 

image.png.836babaeb452d029a7fd59d675af39dc.pngimage.png.dedc5fed9b01ee6692a6af893db3d934.png

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I look up a lot of stuff under Multi-Station then pick the state under station selection.  You can also doing the bounding area with Lat and Long numbers. 

image.png.836babaeb452d029a7fd59d675af39dc.pngimage.png.dedc5fed9b01ee6692a6af893db3d934.png

Holy crap, this opens up a whole new world for me. I’m going to spend way too much time in there.

• Like 2