Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,782
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Avon
    Newest Member
    Avon
    Joined

E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2021 OBS Thread


 Share

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Back edge has been stubborn as hell to pull through, sitting on a fringe green pixel and it's a downpour. Roadways flooded pretty good.

 

If this was a snowstorm you'd probably end up with 20" while I'd be in the 3-5" range...

59F / Brightening skies 

snow.jpg

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

If this was a snowstorm you'd probably end up with 20" while I'd be in the 3-5" range...

59F / Brightening skies 

snow.jpg

Try higher I be into 3.5-4" and it's still raining steady

My radar says it's over which is obviously wrong, your radar has it going forever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Try higher I be into 3.5-4" and it's still raining steady

My radar says it's over which is obviously wrong, your radar has it going forever

Glenn mentioned how Bucks County received more than the rest of us (lower level/upper level flow) but didn't give amounts. Stuff ready to move out of your area soon...

GL3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Glenn mentioned how Bucks County received more than the rest of us (lower level/upper level flow) but didn't give amounts. Stuff ready to move out of your area soon...

GL3.jpg

The arrow be wrong it's all moving ese

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RedSky said:

The arrow be wrong it's all moving ese

Just looking at the past 2 hours animation it's moving more N...may a little NW. I think this was what Glenn was talking about. (not sure at all) Below you  lower level winds moving ESE...then upper level winds moving NNW up your way. Your precip shield definitely isn't moving ESE.

move.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

flooding on the Little Lehigh Creek. What the hell - not even a flood advisory issued?   I sent proof to Mt Holly..  Had almost 2 inches of rain in less than 24 hours in Lehigh County. C'mon man. The creek floods my backyard at 3 ft

USGS WaterAlert <[email protected]>

1:20 AM (1 hour ago)
 
 
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif
Gage height of 3.12 ft exceeds subscriber threshold of 3 at 2021-06-12 01:15:00 EDT
01451380 00065 Little Lehigh Creek near Trexlertown, PA
Notification interval, no more often than: Hourly

 

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LVLion77 said:

Received about 3/4” yesterday near Allentown. That was an odd system and it rained the entire day, even when the radar showed it was not raining.


.

There were radar problems COD radar is still stuck at mid storm. The other radar I like from baronweather was missing steady rain yet for some reason birds radar was picking it up.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

There were radar problems COD radar is still stuck at mid storm. The other radar I like from baronweather was missing steady rain yet for some reason birds radar was picking it up.

 

DIX is down for maintenance for the week (starting yesterday) through to Wednesday. I have been using DOX but I expect due to the location and angle of the dish, the placement of the returns would be skewed because the thing is situated so far south of here -

Quote
000
NOUS41 KPHI 071805
PNSPHI
DEZ001>004-MDZ012-015-019-020-NJZ001-007>010-012>027-PAZ054-055-
060>062-070-071-101>106-141815-

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ
205 PM EDT MON JUN 7 2021

...THE KDIX RADAR WILL BE DOWN FOR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RADAR (WSR-88D) LOCATED AT FORT DIX, 
NEW JERSEY (KDIX) WILL BE TAKEN OFF LINE FOR SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. 
THE RADAR WILL BE UNAVAILABLE FROM FRIDAY, JUNE 11 UNTIL WEDNESDAY, 
JUNE 16.

THE SURROUNDING WSR-88DS WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THE PERIOD. THE 
LIST INCLUDES WAKEFIELD, VIRGINIA (KAKQ); STERLING, VIRGINIA (KLWX); 
DOVER, DELAWARE (KDOX); STATE COLLEGE, PENNSYLVANIA (KCCX); 
BINGHAMTON, NEW YORK (KBGM) AND BROOKHAVEN, NEW YORK (KOKX).

THE TERMINAL DOPPLER WEATHER RADARS (TDWRS) FOR PHILADELPHIA 
INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (TPHL) AND FOR NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
(TEWR) WILL ALSO CONTINUE TO PROVIDE COVERAGE FOR PARTS OF THE 
AREA.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:

JASON FRANKLIN (METEOROLOGIST-IN-CHARGE)
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY

[email protected]

(609) 261-6600

$$

IOVINO

They did do a little mea culpa in a tweet -

Specifically this (that sortof touches on what happened in Bucks and Lehigh Counties) -

E3oyJfdVEAAaEmI.png

In other news, I noticed the humidity has ticked up a bit and after a low of 62 here, it's currently 74 and mostly cloudy, with dp 61.  It was mostly sunny earlier today though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

There were radar problems COD radar is still stuck at mid storm. The other radar I like from baronweather was missing steady rain yet for some reason birds radar was picking it up.

 

I usually use KDIX but it's been on/off lately and wishy-washy even when working. (missing images when in loop) Yesterday I was using TPHL and it seemed to work fine....

radar.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

I usually use KDIX but it's been on/off lately and wishy-washy even when working. (missing images when in loop) Yesterday I was using TPHL and it seemed to work fine....

radar.jpg

It's offline (starting about 8:30 am yesterday) until next Wednesday. 

I hate TPHL because it has such a tiny range.:lol:  I have been using KDOX.  It's better than nothing although I guess KBGM isn't too bad and I've used KLWX and KCCX when desperate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

It's offline (starting about 8:30 am yesterday) until next Wednesday. 

I hate TPHL because it has such a tiny range.:lol:  I have been using KDOX.  It's better than nothing although I guess KBGM isn't too bad and I've used KLWX and KCCX when desperate.

TPHL was the 1st alternative I saw so I went for it. It served its purpose I guess. But I'll definitely keep your other sites on file...thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

TPHL was the 1st alternative I saw so I went for it. It served its purpose I guess. But I'll definitely keep your other sites on file...thanks.

The KDOX radar (in Dover) will generally look "similar" to KDIX but obviously is shifted ever so slightly because it is down at Dover AFB, almost in central DE, vs the due east DIX.  But it is the full shebang vs that little guy at KPHL. :lol:

ETA - I had grabbed some screenshots from KDOX yesterday and the below is one taken of the event at about 1:30 pm.

radar22-dox-06112021.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, none of the radars are picking up the light showers moving over Berks. Makes me wish we could have back yard radar systems akin to our PWS. Like, how do you even plan for anything when the forecast is wrong less than a day out and you can't even see what's coming on the radar? What year is this, anyway?

/rant

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Man, none of the radars are picking up the light showers moving over Berks. Makes me wish we could have back yard radar systems akin to our PWS. Like, how do you even plan for anything when the forecast is wrong less than a day out and you can't even see what's coming on the radar? What year is this, anyway?

/rant

Some near you...

some.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...