amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those means don't make any sense. the GFS would not have taken that drastic of a step if those means are that far east. it almost looks like what the GFs had a 6Z or 12z thursday.

If you look at qpf means on higher res maps, you can see tugging of totals westward indicating some serious spread...continues to be a work in progress.

Those means don't make any sense. the GFS would not have taken that drastic of a step if those means are that far east. it almost looks like what the GFs had a 6Z or 12z thursday.

The operational GFS can do whatever it wants. :)

Keep in mind the GEFS are run at a much lower resolution than the operational models. I'd wait for the EC/EC ens before believing the op GFS.

For those who are interested, here's the forecast qpf for the last three runs of the GFS:

GFS122420100zanim.gif

Right now, I'm cautiously optimistic that the westward trend that commenced on the 18z GFS may be a real trend. It was confirmed, at least to some extent, by the 0z NAM's slight improvement over its 18z run and now the 0z GFS. It will be interesting to see the ensembles and the other models (GGEM, UKMET, and ECMWF) that will run over the next few hours.

I get several texts telling me there was a 968 over the BM, yet nothing has changed...only in 2010.

GFS MOS has you 8+ (BED).

I think Don S post should shed some light on what the GFS has been doing the past 3 runs.

Well 8 is the highest # they use for snow...it means 8+. And ironically you may be among the maxes on your hill and other hilly close in to the coast areas.

I'd be weary of getting too amped up; the GFS is still on the extreme end of the envelope and may converge toward other guidance to a degree, in future runs.

EURO is huge.

Verbatim, it looks as though I would be having Blizzard conditions at 84h per the GFS.

Station ID: KTAN Lat: 41.87 Long: 71.02

GFS Model Run: 0Z 24DEC 2010

HR Valid 2m Tmp 2m Dpt 10m Dir 10m Spd TPrcp CPrcp 1000-500 500mb 850mb 500mb MSLP TCC PRS WX Low Middle High Max Min Sfc

Deg F Deg F deg kt in. in. Thk GPH Tmp Tmp mb % TEXT Clouds Clouds Clouds Tmp Tmp Vis

84 12/27 12Z 29 28 350 32 0.63 0.00 530 515 -6.6 -23.9 980.5 100 SN 000OVC107 107OVC192 218BKN271 32 29 0.0

Archived