Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Philly Area Banter

The Iceman

• 2 weeks later...

I am sick of all the rain we have had in the last few years. I am hoping this is not the new normal due to warmer average temperatures with concurrent atmospheric moisture holding capacity..  When we moved into our house in 1993 we had the big snow and then the next year or two (?) we had a drought which necessitated a deepening of our well.  Although at the time I thought the situation sucked I sort of wish my area could return to those hot, dry summers with winters of normal seasonal snowfalls.

• Weenie 1

20 hours ago, wkd said:

I am sick of all the rain we have had in the last few years. I am hoping this is not the new normal due to warmer average temperatures with concurrent atmospheric moisture holding capacity..  When we moved into our house in 1993 we had the big snow and then the next year or two (?) we had a drought which necessitated a deepening of our well.  Although at the time I thought the situation sucked I sort of wish my area could return to those hot, dry summers with winters of normal seasonal snowfalls.

It rains all the time now in sunny California too, Death Valley now has a lake.

8 hours ago, JTA66 said:

Flyers giving the Eagles a run for the most epic collapse down the stretch by a Philly sports team. :bag:

(Thank God I wasn’t around in 1964.)

You can start by going back to the Phils last year being up 2-0. Ari ties it 2-2 Then the Phils only need 1 win to go to the WS with final 2 games at home. Ari wins. (Not epic but very bad)

3 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

You can start by going back to the Phils last year being up 2-0. Ari ties it 2-2 Then the Phils only need 1 win to go to the WS with final 2 games at home. Ari wins. (Not epic but very bad)

Thanks for the reminder. I guess our epic, historic, snowy, nino winter helped me get over the Phils.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Piece of cake, what Flyers need to make the playoffs:

Flyers win tonight in regulation vs. the Capitals

AND Red Wings loss tonight in regulation vs. Canadiens

AND Penguins loss Wednesday in regulation vs. New York Islanders

Red Wings tied the game w/5secs left in regulation which mean Fly Guys done... 

13 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Piece of cake, what Flyers need to make the playoffs:

Flyers win tonight in regulation vs. the Capitals

AND Red Wings loss tonight in regulation vs. Canadiens

AND Penguins loss Wednesday in regulation vs. New York Islanders

Welp…there’s always next year.

1 minute ago, JTA66 said:

Welp…there’s always next year.

Despite not making it I still like Jones, Tortorella and crew w/additions.  Sucks they went on that damn 0-8 streak...I knew they wouldn't win the SC but playoff experience is important.

Would put down big bucks they make the playoffs next year and a little noise.

Now onto the Sixers....

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 10:01 PM, Birds~69 said:

Despite not making it I still like Jones, Tortorella and crew w/additions.  Sucks they went on that damn 0-8 streak...I knew they wouldn't win the SC but playoff experience is important.

Would put down big bucks they make the playoffs next year and a little noise.

Now onto the Sixers....

Devils fan here. Don't be too confident about the Flyers making the playoffs next year. I learned this the hard way. After last season, I assumed we were going to take the next step and contend for the Stanley Cup this year. Instead, we got a regression this year. I'm not saying this will happen to the Flyers next year, but they've overachieved this year (like the Devils did last year), so it's possible they could step back next year instead of taking the leap forward to the playoffs.

• Weenie 1