Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

51 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

After June 6th it's supposed to be well over 90 and even approaching 100.

I'd be fine with that, so long as it's more of a dry heat.

We really only have 3 core months of heat- June, July, August.  Spring is just cool and grey as of recent, with some bursts of warmth here and there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

A friend of mine is moving to Vegas and all I hear is that it’s a dry heat…well stick your head in a oven, that’s dry heat too. Yes, I hate dews more than the next guy but it’s not like I’ll be jumping for joy if it’s 90 but the dew is below 60. 

I like hot/dry but not 6 months of it.  I think I saw that Phoenix had 147 days over 100 last year.  I mean, it’s the dessert but that’s nuts.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

A friend of mine is moving to Vegas and all I hear is that it’s a dry heat…well stick your head in a oven, that’s dry heat too. Yes, I hate dews more than the next guy but it’s not like I’ll be jumping for joy if it’s 90 but the dew is below 60. 

We had that in 2010 and it felt really good.  Trust me 100 and a 50 DP feels amazing, really good for your health and amazing weather to go running in!  Once it gets over 110 it's not so good.....

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Hitman said:

1.9” here.  Might have to put the heat on tonight.

Mine just went on.  The temps have been consistently in the mid 40’s for the last 25 hours and forecasted to remain there thru Sunday night.  No sunshine to heat things up for 2 days doesn’t help.  It’s just a typical early March weather. :shiver:

Yeah we ran out of oil a few hours ago. I gotta get my shit together and go get another 5 gallons of diesel, it's getting too chilly in the house now.

Looks like one more solid slug of rain is incoming. As much as we needed it I'd really like it to stop raining now. The combination of rain and wind softened the ground so much that most of my garlic blew over so it will need to be harvested now rather than waiting for it to finish in another 45 or so days.