• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2021

IrishRob17

Sorta maybe. If we don't get into a wet period, if it doesn't rain again this week I bet the surface dries out quickly. Fauna growth rates are outrageous right now and all those plants will suck the first few inches dry in no time without replenishment. I think we're still down a pretty fair bit over a year, probably not full on drought but it is dry because of the dry spring and the surface will go back to crackly dry pretty quickly.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Sorta maybe. If we don't get into a wet period, if it doesn't rain again this week I bet the surface dries out quickly. Fauna growth rates are outrageous right now and all those plants will suck the first few inches dry in no time without replenishment. I think we're still down a pretty fair bit over a year, probably not full on drought but it is dry because of the dry spring and the surface will go back to crackly dry pretty quickly.  

You’re right, of course.  we’ll dry out and then, at some point, it will rain again.  5.45” for may here.

Turned into a pretty nice late afternoon. Looking forward to some dry time tomorrow to work on the truck. Its getting a new thermostat, new rear shocks, new pads and brake hardware up front, new sway links in front and I'll figure out what needs to be done next. I know a bunch of bushings and rubber bits need to be replaced and I think I need to rebuild at least the front Brembo calipers and lube and massage the rears ;) I'm pretty sure all the control arm bushings are shot, at least a couple of ball joints and the hub knuckle bushings on the right rear are scary bad but I'll  confirm all that while things are apart.

Anyone wanna come help? :)

26 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Turned into a pretty nice late afternoon. Looking forward to some dry time tomorrow to work on the truck. Its getting a new thermostat, new rear shocks, new pads and brake hardware up front, new sway links in front and I'll figure out what needs to be done next. I know a bunch of bushings and rubber bits need to be replaced and I think I need to rebuild at least the front Brembo calipers and lube and massage the rears ;) I'm pretty sure all the control arm bushings are shot, at least a couple of ball joints and the hub knuckle bushings on the right rear are scary bad but I'll  confirm all that while things are apart.

I don’t think you’d want me help.  I don’t do well with brembo calipers whatever that is.

23 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Cars assembled from spare parts cost at least 3x as much as the dealer charges. Spares are where the money is, is cars as well as in airplanes.

So if you're spending your long weekend doing a suspension tear down, thank you, you're helping keep small US suppliers alive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Haven't seen a drop here since I posted that. Hopefully something pops up this evening.

0.02  I’ll be watering tomorrow.

Some of my  current point n click forecast 

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 90. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. 
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph. 
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 94.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 69.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 95.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 71.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 93.
Tuesday Night
A chance of sprinkles. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

6 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

0.02  I’ll be watering tomorrow.

Some of my  current point n click forecast 

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 90. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. 
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 69. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph. 
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 94.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 69.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 95.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 71.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 93.
Tuesday Night
A chance of sprinkles. Partly cloudy, with a low around 68.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Disgusting but seasons in seasons 

Ahh this storm is beautiful in monsey, just picked up for second wave. After a day in humidity going door to door it doesn't get better than watching this lightning while basking in the breeze

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3