Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major LES event-December 24-27

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Get any good vids?

I didn’t try much because the videos always look much less an intense than the real thing. Plus it’s hard to shoot and drive. I should have brought the go pro.  I did get one but I’d have to upload to YouTube first I think. I don’t think this page accepts iPhone movies. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lakeeffectkid383 said:

5 inches new here in the last 2 hours. Much smaller flakes now. Probably 1” an hour now. That band will likely fire up more as it drops back to the south as that shortwave moves through. Better than nothing here but just missed out on the bigger totals by about 3-4 miles. 

Yeah you were close. I do think we have about another 3” or 4” to go so I’m happy at this point. Southtowns still the king though...

The lake giveth and the lake taketh away... thoughts on band activity this afternoon once that shortwave boost hits the lake in next few hours?  I’m feeling a band will rapidly blow up over the metro and either sag south or get pushed inland as the wind turns west and puts a disorganized band back into the southern tier...

EB3B8D3B-54A7-47D8-AB69-5B51F2A7D662.gif

6 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

The lake giveth and the lake taketh away... thoughts on band activity this afternoon once that shortwave boost hits the lake in next few hours?  I’m feeling a band will rapidly blow up over the metro and either sag south or get pushed inland as the wind turns west and puts a disorganized band back into the southern tier...

RGEM forecast

image.thumb.png.ad25943cf04db76b6b7b8248ca9bb5ae.png

6 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

My guess is the band reignites over the north towns, southern Niagara and quickly drops south in an hours time, didn’t really see this coming would’ve thought it would be strong when it went south 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

RGEM forecast

image.thumb.png.ad25943cf04db76b6b7b8248ca9bb5ae.png

Is that still to come? Watching TWC right now and they have a wind field map right now and it shows SW winds all the way up to Lake Huron almost, and it doesn’t move to WSW until 6pm on their model? If that is correct it could be a second round once the moisture reignites the band...latest radar the band moved a bit further north...

3 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

I’m confused... all the local Mets are posting the band is moving south now...???  It’s drying up but flow is still locked into the metro.  Last few updated frames starting to see a re intensification on the northern side of the band.  Might be coming back to life here shortly!  

Yeah lake effect looks super healthy over Ontario. Not sure why our band died out so much. Just flurries here now. 

2EF8E162-F9F6-4E05-9AD2-45CE76059B6B.png

7 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Sitting at the eastern hills mall and the sky to the NW is extremely dark. Looks like the band is strengthening after realigning. The impending shift south is quite apparent on the st Catherine’s radar. 

Pushed out 3 cars so far along transit! 

You ain’t chasing a good one till your pushing cars stuck on Transit lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Current position. Getting really stormy on the edge of this band. Wind is picking up nicely. I think I’ll drive up and get in that band then sink south with it and eventually blast home. It’s so hard to leave this and end up at home with an inch :(

112098C3-B3BE-4B32-BABB-E0EAEC35D04D.thumb.jpeg.00c0b38a1df661727f74e5cac4d8923d.jpeg

Your right near my house, if you want to stop by and chat for a bit lmk and I’ll message you my address.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Picked up here again after a 45 minute lull. One more good shot before it swings back through. 7” new on the day. 

You must be near Amherst middle based off of what you said about 1/2 mile south of Main Street near Burroughs. Got about 5.5” new on the day here but ripping once again. Just a few miles to our South has double. 

Hope the band stays here for a while.  I live in Amherst near 290 and Niag Falls Blvd.  I've had maybe a couple of lake effect storms while living in Cleveland in 2016, so this isn't my first real lake effect snow storm.  But I am enjoying it a lot.  It's hard to measure with the wind blowing around, but it seems we have gotten several new inches today already.  

• Like 3

Updated off Ontario shows the wind direction I'm hoping for..

Then, after trough moves through, boundary layer flow
will again veer westerly this evening (270-280 direction), pushing
heavy lake effect snow back south to the Tug Hill Plateau. Snowfall
rates will continue at 2-3 inches per hour in the heaviest portion
of this band through much of the night.
  • Like 2