Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

I dont know why yours is low.
This is the point and lick forecast for Monroeville.
This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. East wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow, mainly before 3am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. Northeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

37 minutes ago, meatwad said:
I dont know why yours is low.
This is the point and lick forecast for Monroeville.
This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 31. East wind around 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow, mainly before 3am. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 23. Northeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

I'm in the City, mine is also 1-3" both day and night.  Monroeville is not that far, so that's odd that it would be that different.  Although it looks like there could be about 2" out there already.

Just now, Ahoff said:

I'm in the City, mine is also 1-3" both day and night.  Monroeville is not that far, so that's odd that it would be that different.  Although it looks like there could be about 2" out there already.

The gradient is pretty extreme on this. Monroeville could have ten inches while moon gets 6. 

33 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Hoping the radar can fill in a bit. I am seeing that dry slotting especially north of the city. South hills looks great right now.

I looked and it seems like that hole in Ohio fills as it moves towards PA.  Maybe more saturated here?

Also, is the HRRR the model to looked at right now.  I mean obviously, real time is the best determinant, but the HRRR seems the shortest scale model.