• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Areri
    Newest Member
    Areri
JTA66

E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2020 OBS Thread

Some cool clouds out there this evening.  Theres a wall cloud looking formation to my south that is running ENE to WSW nearly parallel with the setting sun.  Not sure whats causing it as it is clear to my north but cool to see! Is it just a moisture band from NW flow not making it to the ground or radar? 

muemnR7.jpg

AizHxNf.jpg

bGVSUmY.jpg

0kyhaqG.jpg

My winter forecast has taken me 30 seconds this year. Take the average from winter 2019&2020 and there you go and have a pleasant tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, RedSky said:

My winter forecast has taken me 30 seconds this year. Take the average from winter 2019&2020 and there you go and have a pleasant tomorrow.

MA forum may be on suicide watch after reading their winter outlook thread....

• Weenie 1

The only positive thing I can say about this upcoming winter is my expectations are set so low that even a few hours of virga transitioning into a driving rain storm will feel like a victory.

• Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

The only positive thing I can say about this upcoming winter is my expectations are set so low that even a few hours of virga transitioning into a driving rain storm will feel like a victory.

There is always that one big storm 2016, 1993 and 1983 possibility making it a salvage job. 

• Weenie 1

Isotherm's winter outlook is out and it could be worse because he is giving us winter in January. Maybe we can be lucky and get the last week of December and the first three of January cold.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Isotherm's winter outlook is out and it could be worse because he is giving us winter in January. Maybe we can be lucky and get the last week of December and the first three of January cold.

Hell, I'm glad we may get highs in the 40s next week...

• Weenie 1

Reading around the winter forecasts released so far, it seems like the general agreement is our best shot to score is going to come in the first half of winter. Almost everyone is in agreement that Feb will be a blowtorch which is usually our biggest snow month based on climo so that alone means we're likely heading for below normal. Honestly if we finish between 10-20" on the year with most of that coming in the Dec-Jan timeframe, I'd call this year a win. Expectations are set super low this year. After last years blanking, any snow will be a win. The thought of back to back winters with single digit snow totals is depressing...

• Weenie 1

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

This old school dog is not liking the new radar.weather.gov site :(

I never use it, but it looks a lot better.  More products including level 2 data.  An easy to use mosaic, as well.  

Screenshot_20201112-195401~2.png