Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2020

George BM

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

House cleaning continues today, Castro was dealt to the Mets for a AA starter. Lots of young talent acquired...we'll see what it all yields on the field soon enough.

At least they are "smart" enough to know they can't compete this year, even with the significantly shortened season and expanded playoffs. We will see how it plays out going forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

At least they are "smart" enough to know they can't compete this year, even with the significantly shortened season and expanded playoffs. We will see how it plays out going forward.

I’d have loved to see them sneak in this year with the expanded playoff format, but not at the expense of the future. Good to see them dealing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’d have loved to see them sneak in this year with the expanded playoff format, but not at the expense of the future. Good to see them dealing.

Not exactly sure when Elias expects them to be a playoff caliber team but with them trading away players with atleast 2 years of team control left I'm assuming it's not going to be anytime soon. 

Im guessing 2024 or 2025

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
23 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea... no hardline out this way . All wireless hotspots. 

22 hours ago, mappy said:

well they should work a lot harder... because i can tell you comcast stops just to my north. no one else runs hardware up this way other than comcast. if you're in the really rural part of the county, you aint getting shit for internet. dish network for tv and thats it.

Gotta write, call, show up to your state reps. 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:15 PM, psuhoffman said:

I’m going to ignore some other things I disagree with and just take issue with the absolute worst part here.  What about the estimated 30-40% of school staff that are high risk due to age or health conditions...like me?   If we all go on FMLA the schools can’t operate. Class sizes are out of control already. And I highly doubt they will be able to replace that many teachers in the middle of a pandemic.  And the districts that are trying to go back and Hogan aren’t selling this as “let’s spread it around to get herd immunity”. They are swearing we will be safe. So are you saying they are lying and basically sacrificing us so society can move on?  And if so you’re ok with that?  

I think that at this point herd immunity is a faster way through then is waiting for vaccine that will be a couple of mutations behind by the time it comes out.  I also think the faster we get on with it.. the better chance we have at preventing this thing from skip tracing its way through palliative care facilities. 

I am okay with it.  I went on Vacation to South Florida for the fourth of July.  I felt like it was a dutiful and patriotic act.