• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

10-1 but thinking we have sun angle issues so only on the grass and car tops. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

:D LOL. 

No way. Storm track, being an inland runner is far too west for at least paweather and me not to have significant mixing issues. Bubbler might be far enough west to hold off most of the taint, but WAA aloft waits for no man...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No way. Storm track, being an inland runner is far too west for at least paweather and me not to have significant mixing issues. Bubbler might be far enough west to hold off most of the taint, but WAA aloft waits for no man...

Love it and to think I am excited to track a tropical system. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And yet somehow in that setup the FV3 would depict 2' of snow. 

Anyway...I see Tropical Storm Warnings have now been extended all the way up to the M/D line. It's fun to have something to talk about other than 97 with a 30% chance of an isolated (not over Rouzerville) thunderstorm. 

I totally agree with that. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And yet somehow in that setup the FV3 would depict 2' of snow. 

Anyway...I see Tropical Storm Warnings have now been extended all the way up to the M/D line. It's fun to have something to talk about other than 97 with a 30% chance of an isolated (not over Rouzerville) thunderstorm. 

I did not mention it all weekend.  LOL. 

• Haha 1

First and final call.  This call will be focusing on the eastern half of the state:

Voyager: 4-6"

HIstoric Maytown: 3-5"

Daxx 3-5"

Nut 3-5"

paweather5 3-5"

Paweather 2-4"

Paweather1 2-4"

Paweather2 2-4"

Pawatch 2-4"

wmsptwx 2-4"

Blizz 2-4"

Carlisle 2-4"

Cashtown 2-4"  (Much of it front end WAA)

Bubbler86 2-4" (Much of it front end WAA)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I could be very wrong, but I disagree with this. The winds are nearly universally consolidated about 75 miles east of the storm center, very minimal wind to the west. I don't see this become extro-tropical or whatever it's called to ramp up winds on the west side to reach that strong this inland. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I could be very wrong, but I disagree with this. The winds are nearly universally consolidated about 75 miles east of the storm center, very minimal wind to the west. I don't see this become extro-tropical or whatever it's called to ramp up winds on the west side to reach that strong this inland. 

Correct east side is always the worst. We’re praying for a deviation west up here, we need some good rains in the worst way. Grass mostly dead, streams dried up and everything extremely dry.

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

It would be a fairly big surprise to see  areas like CTP have sustained 40+ winds albeit there are only in that under 20% group. 

1 minute ago, Wmsptwx said:

Correct east side is always the worst. We’re praying for a deviation west up here, we need some good rains in the worst way. Grass mostly dead, streams dried up and everything extremely dry.

It could be wrong but the HRRR (if we cannot trust in the HRRR under 24 hours on a tropical event when can we trust it?) contines to advertise the opportunity for fairly significant rains well in advance of the storm.  This includes basically the whole Eastern half of the state. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

First and final call.  This call will be focusing on the eastern half of the state:

Voyager: 4-6"

HIstoric Maytown: 3-5"

Daxx 3-5"

Nut 3-5"

paweather5 3-5"

Paweather 2-4"

Paweather1 2-4"

Paweather2 2-4"

Pawatch 2-4"

wmsptwx 2-4"

Blizz 2-4"

Carlisle 2-4"

Cashtown 2-4"  (Much of it front end WAA)

Bubbler86 2-4" (Much of it front end WAA)

Biggest snowfall of 2020 if it verifies... :snowing: :sled::lol:

• Haha 2