Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour
Hurricane Agnes

E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2020 OBS Thread

17 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Ironically, so true.

Crappy Sat, virus spreading like wildfires (can't get booze and a damn haircut!!) and no sports...shoot me now.

Check out Boardroom Spirits in Lansdale. They're open because they also make hand sanitizer, and they deliver. Shhh....don't tell anyone.

I've been watching You Tube videos on how to cut your own hair. Working up the courage to give it a shot.

• Like 1

Just now, Birds~69 said:

I think I may go to NJ for booze...right over the bridge in New Hope hop into Jersey.

Are barbers open in NJ? Or is that locked down? I could kill two birds w/one stone. Booze and a haircut...

I did see pictures of cops in Delaware waiting at liquor stores to snatch up people from PA.  Not sure if Jersey cops are doing the same.  No barbers here.  Only grocery and liquor stores. lol

10 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Check out Boardroom Spirits in Lansdale. They're open because they also make hand sanitizer, and they deliver. Shhh....don't tell anyone.

I've been watching You Tube videos on how to cut your own hair. Working up the courage to give it a shot.

Will check that out. If not, I wouldn't mind taking a cruise to NJ to get outta the house.

Tried that once and it looked like complete shit. Everything is back ass if you are looking into a mirror...I couldn't adjust. On a positive note, being 50, I can still grow a full/thick set of hair while my friends are severely lacking.

3 minutes ago, BBasile said:

I did see pictures of cops in Delaware waiting at liquor stores to snatch up people from PA.  Not sure if Jersey cops are doing the same.  No barbers here.  Only grocery and liquor stores. lol

The majority of people probably went to Del rather NJ because no tax on booze. (I don't think so)  I care less about paying tax right now. And it's kinda funny liquor stores are "essential".....indirectly they probably are.:drunk:  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

The majority of people probably went to Del rather NJ because no tax on booze. (I don't think so)  I care less about paying tax right now. And it's kinda funny liquor stores are "essential".....indirectly they probably are.:drunk:  

lol.  Essential for alcoholics since withdrawal can be deadly.  

12 minutes ago, BBasile said:

lol.  Essential for alcoholics since withdrawal can be deadly.  

They mentioned that on the news and it's true for the hard core alkies who only drink whisky, vodka etc.

PA opened an online liquor store but it's been getting crushed:  https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SpecialAccessLandingPageView?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10051

booze.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

They mentioned that on the news and it's true for the hard core alkies who only drink whisky, vodka etc.

PA open an online liquor store but it's been getting crushed:  https://www.finewineandgoodspirits.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SpecialAccessLandingPageView?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10051

booze.jpg

Yeah.  What'd they think was gonna happen...

4 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Yeah.  What'd they think was gonna happen...

They should do what Wawa is doing....let 4-5 people in at time and keep your distance. People WILL wait. Hell, they'll be happy the damn store is open.

40 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Will check that out. If not, I wouldn't mind taking a cruise to NJ to get outta the house.

Tried that once and it looked like complete shit. Everything is back ass if you are looking into a mirror...I couldn't adjust. On a positive note, being 50, I can still grow a full/thick set of hair while my friends are severely lacking.

Yeah, for the first time in my life I'm a bit envious of those guys who shave their heads and can pull it off, like Micheal Jordan.

Anyway, when this is all over, I'm sure a lot of things will change/be different. Hopefully the PA LCB is one of them.

9 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Yeah, for the first time in my life I'm a bit envious of those guys who shave their heads and can pull it off, like Micheal Jordan.

Anyway, when this is all over, I'm sure a lot of things will change/be different. Hopefully the PA LCB is one of them.

My one friend can pull it off w/ease along w/a goatee. (Walter White) Besides one, my other friends are on hair life support.

Remember "Flowbee" from the 80s/90s? (info commercial)...I would/may give this a shot? Out of stock on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/FLOWBEE-Haircutting-machine-Flowbee-System/dp/B000PPBSTC

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

I did mine the other day, got some clippers online...took about 20 minutes, slightly ragged in the back according to my wife, but it looks fine from the front, lol. Always wanted to do that. It's about 1/2 to 3/4" long now, good for a couple of months!

A beautiful couple of days on tap today and tomorrow get out and enjoy it! Looking forward to getting the kids out of the house! Today is the 1st day this month that has a high temp above the normal for the day. Record high for today is 77.7 back in 2010 with the record low at 21.0 from 1995. Also 3" of snow fell on this date in 1898 here in Chester County PA

SICHi.20200405_115001167.jpg

Backyard.20200405_114906564.jpg

• Like 1