• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

March Medium/Long Range Disco

51 minutes ago, Amped said:

Euro day8-9 has a cutoff and rainstorm. Looks similar to April 2007.. 

I'm betting ensembles starting spitting out some strong coastals in that timeframe within the next few days .

6 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'm not torturing me, the stupid crap going on in the atmosphere is. That graphic is infuriating, it's like getting robbed and the thief just keeps laughing in your face. The feeling of being unfairly passed up for a little extra happiness...How do you not be upset at that graphic? I don't care if it's happened 6 or 7 years in a row...it's still frustrating even if expected (especially given how the winter went). Next year we've earned better, imo...been through enough with this mess.

You don’t have to let it get to you. 

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm betting ensembles starting spitting out some strong coastals in that timeframe within the next few days .

The euro scenario with a better track could yield some snow. It’s getting too late for a big snow even up here but we’ve had minor snows in April several times since I’ve been up here. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t see any real issues with snow and temps in the low 40’s B)

Nope.  It’s pretty common.  I’ve seen snow with temps in the 60s.  I drink a lot 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Tambora, Toba, Long Valley, Yellowstone, St. Helens, Pinatubo all in one afternoon. 

Eh, take Pinatubo outta there...that robbed of us of a mod Niño if I've read the history correctly...lol (and did St. Helen's have a climate impact at all?)

Eps coastal signal for day 6-8 getting stronger. 

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-mslp_with_low_locs-5807200.png

0z OP Euro verbatim with a little further se track would have thrown down some wet paste for far nw burbs.  Interesting timeframe. Even a 2-4" rainy windy noreaster would be fun to track imo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Eps coastal signal for day 6-8 getting stronger. 

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-mslp_with_low_locs-5807200.png

0z OP Euro verbatim with a little further se track would have thrown down some wet paste for far nw burbs.  Interesting timeframe. Even a 2-4" rainy windy noreaster would be fun to track imo.

The PSU storm version 3.0  goes along with this 

ao.sprd2.gif

And this as well.

nao.sprd2.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Where TF was that in January!?!

Salt in the corona wound! SMH. Maybe somehow we can score some snow TV out of this one. I’m already tired of Netflix and Disney+. :lol:

WB 12Z EPS. Only 2 Members bring some snow to the NW burbs.  Looking like Wed. into Thursday is going to be a  miserably wet day.  I am holding out for my 5% chance until early next week.  :)

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-z500_anom-5807200.png

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-ma-precip_72hr_inch-5872000.png

4 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

I can open windows and doors and go for a walk. So, yeah, 41 and driving rain in early April while at home is the sucks.

Yea but would you want to be outside in a normal April pattern when it’s 52 and raining?  Either way a rainy day in April is miserable. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea but would you want to be outside in a normal April pattern when it’s 52 and raining?  Either way a rainy day in April is miserable. 

I’m a enthused about it.  I get a bit depressed in warmer weather especially if the sun is out.  And the current situation hasn’t helped much for any of us.  Maybe a good cold rain will help us all feel a bit better and think of winter.  

46 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Whether it’s 41 or 52, either way is not awesome, which was my response to wiggum, on nicer days, even quarantined, I can enjoy a sunny day.