Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2020

IrishRob17

22 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Cmc is even further southeast

I haven’t seen accumulating snow in May since May 9-10 1977 event which was very interesting. After one of the lousiest winters ever I feel I’m owed this. I don’t include others because I’m not quite sure if everyone is in on May snow. Personally I’d welcome snow in June just for the record books. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I haven’t seen accumulating snow in May since May 9-10 1977 event which was very interesting. After one of the lousiest winters ever I feel I’m owed this. I don’t include others because I’m not quite sure if everyone is in on May snow. Personally I’d welcome snow in June just for the record books. 

It's funny, the other day I was thinking about sequence of moods from "want snow for snow's sake" to "don't want snow" and then "want snow again for the novelty" as spring progresses. If you asked me one month ago I'd have said to heck with it. Now, bring it on.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Animal said:

What I expect to happen on my street.

cold rain changing to snow at the end. 1 -2 hours of snow with a car topper.

expect to burn a decent fire this evening.

not to bad for early May imop

You’ll be able to have a decent fire tomorrow too...welcome to March or November... 

I don't know is 34 degree white rain any better than 35 degree regular rain? I want to see the snow just to tie the record and I'm going to hope there's still enough moisture around as the whole thing pulls out Saturday night that it flakes after midnight and sets a new record as the temp drops and I "find" a trace on the grill top.

17 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I don't know is 34 degree white rain any better than 35 degree regular rain? I want to see the snow just to tie the record and I'm going to hope there's still enough moisture around as the whole thing pulls out Saturday night that it flakes after midnight and sets a new record as the temp drops and I "find" a trace on the grill top.

I have personally never witnessed snow in May. A couple of the short range models ping my area with 1 to 2 of snow.

still on the fence if we have moisture & cold air for snow. I may miss it too if sleeping 

4 hours ago, Animal said:

I have personally never witnessed snow in May

Yeah, this is the case for me as well I believe. Though if I'd seen a stray flake at some point in like 2002 I'm not so sure I'd remember. Remarkably, one week from today is the 2nd anniversary of the worst severe wx day in the modern history of the HV. I love living in the mid-latitudes!

Still 39F here with a light SE flow, though the fropa is just minutes away per radar.

11 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, this is the case for me as well I believe. Though if I'd seen a stray flake at some point in like 2002 I'm not so sure I'd remember. Remarkably, one week from today is the 2nd anniversary of the worst severe wx day in the modern history of the HV. I love living in the mid-latitudes!

Still 39F here with a light SE flow, though the fropa is just minutes away per radar.

Yeah...THAT day....beware the ides of May...not a fun day for me but was for others I know. 

• Sad 1