• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

Fall 2019 Observations

This is a GREAT place for those not comfortable yet(on the pattern discussion forum) to place their observations.  We really need some more folks from the western areas of our sub-forum to place observations here.  We actually use those more than you know. 

Today has been HOT in the Tri-Cities with the third straight record high falling as we speak.  Heat index is 96 out there.  Feels like a horribly hot summer day.  Just brutal.  Another year and another hot Fall...I really don't like those.  We do have some great discussion in the Fall Pattern Discussion and ENSO threads about when this heat may FINALLY break.   Cause really for folks that cool weather, this sucks.   LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have officially recorded three straight record highs.  If we hit 94 today, we tie a fourth.   Can't be many times that we have hit four straight at TRI...15 straight days without any recorded rainfall at TRI though there were some sprinkles in the area yesterday.

One more degree to go and we hit an extraordinary fourth record high in a row.  Meanwhile, the areas above 7,000' feet out West saw their first snow of the season...*sigh*.

1954 has nine record highs for September for TRI including the all-time high for the month, and they also had four days in a row of record heat at least.  Nine...

• Sad 1

Trough west. Severe Midwest. Death SER here. Chatty is working on another record high too.

Ferris Bueller Principal: Nine Days!

1 hour ago, Carvers Gap said:

One more degree to go and we hit an extraordinary fourth record high in a row.  Meanwhile, the areas above 7,000' feet out West saw their first snow of the season...*sigh*.

1954 has nine record highs for September for TRI including the all-time high for the month, and they also had four days in a row of record heat at least.  Nine...

Agree! New members get your feet wet here and in Banter.

Our regional sub-forum is especially solid in two ways. Yes, we take the science seriously, but not ourselves, this post haha. At the same time we treat new members with the same respect and inclusion given to long-time members. No such thing as a bad forecast if it includes reasoning (even just a little). 

• Like 2

Indeed we have set a fourth record high in a row at TRI.  As of the 2:53PM reporting cycle, 95F was recorded.  It breaks the old record of 94F.  As a Tennessee football fan, it is never wise to ask, "It can't get any worse than this, right?"  But, come-on...enough already with the heat!  LOL.  I just wonder how many records Sept 1954 held originally...have to think a few have been broken?  Nine still standing...impressive.  Well, in Sept 2019 we now hold four so far. I will have to check next week as there is one more push early in the week of hot temps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

1954  was warm,the most days around here in a year with highs 90+ with 96 that year.With us hitting 90+ today we are presently at 87

That is crazy hot!  I went back and looked at those analogs after you posted this.   Looks like a pretty big drought in the south/southern Plains centered around eastern TX, Oklahoma, and the GC states if I am remembering the map correctly.  We have managed to pull this year's heat off with above normal rainfall.  That pattern flipped to a cold November during 1954.  Temps were -4F to -6F BN over E TN for November after that heat dissipated.  I will freeze my tail off if that happens.  

19 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

That is crazy hot!  I went back and looked at those analogs after you posted this.   Looks like a pretty big drought in the south/southern Plains centered around eastern TX, Oklahoma, and the GC states if I am remembering the map correctly.  We have managed to pull this year's heat off with above normal rainfall.  That pattern flipped to a cold November during 1954.  Temps were -4F to -6F BN over E TN for November after that heat dissipated.  I will freeze my tail off if that happens.  

We got "1 of snow on Nov 2,1954.which is rare for us,usually this time of year it's either cold rain or thunderstorms but temps dropped to 21 that night.Spring of 1954 was the start of a long lived LaNina that went strong into 1955 towards the end of that year.During Nov into Dec the EPO looked to avg -0.50,this must have been good enough for even Tallahassee,Fl.had 11 days during Dec of 1954 that made it below freezing,that's even just as weird to me.But having a warm spell like in a LaNina year into summer of 1954 doesn't seem much out of place,sorta speaking.

• Like 1

Sitting at 19 days straight without measurable precip IMBY.  The airport received some late last week...not here.  With all of this record heat and not precip...we are back to some rough looking lawns.  

What was your final high for the day?
100 officially. First 100 here in 4 years (which is amazing in itself) - but on September 16th, no less.

I'd put exclamation points on all that but I'm not happy about any of this weather. They are cancelling fall sports events for the youth here due to heat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It was hot here today as well,hit 99 and broke this record

Middle Tennessee Weather History

On September 16, 1927...
Very summer-like weather is felt across the mid state. The afternoon temperature hits 98 degrees at Nashville.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mempho said:

100 officially. First 100 here in 4 years (which is amazing in itself) - but on September 16th, no less.

I'd put exclamation points on all that but I'm not happy about any of this weather. They are cancelling fall sports events for the youth here due to heat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You made me go look at ours,we haven't hit 100 in 7 years,1952 in Clarksville.36-days of 100+,must of been some death ridge over them,the ENSO  was basically neutral through out the spring through the rest of the year

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00431672.1952.9932221?journalCode=vwws20

100records.png

• Like 2