• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mansour
    Newest Member
    mansour

2019 Golf Thread

Sent my clubs into the shop this past weekend. Getting them shortened by 3/4". They had an extra 2" in them, but last year I changed set up to have a more athletic swing and I started hitting things heavy.  So shortening to account for that.

I posted this in the banter thread but it's appropriate here too.  This is a picture of the clubhouse at my course.  I took it Saturday.  We usually open around the end of April

1F56F277-669A-4F62-A517-17EB1F22245C.jpeg.aa88b299b72dac8c434b058fb341ab14.jpeg

6 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Sent my clubs into the shop this past weekend. Getting them shortened by 3/4". They had an extra 2" in them, but last year I changed set up to have a more athletic swing and I started hitting things heavy.  So shortening to account for that.

I’ve been leaning forward too much the past couple seasons. It was causing me to lose my spine angle on my downswing. I’ve since made an effort to do a Kutcher-like motion to fall back on my heels some. Big difference but I wonder if I need to be fitted for new clubs or have my current set adjusted.

Keep us posted how the shorter sticks play.

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

What is a trail fee?   $55 trail fee? 

Cart fees are sometimes Calle trap fees but usually for member owned carts. The fine print says based on two year membership. I wonder if they require you to buy a membership next year. 

17 hours ago, mreaves said:

Cart fees are sometimes Calle trap fees but usually for member owned carts. The fine print says based on two year membership. I wonder if they require you to buy a membership next year. 

Still. $220 for unlimited for 2 years is sick.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve been leaning forward too much the past couple seasons. It was causing me to lose my spine angle on my downswing. I’ve since made an effort to do a Kutcher-like motion to fall back on my heels some. Big difference but I wonder if I need to be fitted for new clubs or have my current set adjusted.

Keep us posted how the shorter sticks play.

My biggest issue is posture I think. I get lazy and slouch over. Currently I'm athletic enough to get through the ball with a crap turn, but that's usually a handsy swing and hook. When I stand tall and swing to a good finish I get my baby draw back. 

But all those years fearing a slice and now I LOATHE a hook. 

Played 1st local round Thursday. Wind was brutal. League starts in two weeks. Masters next week. 1st ever women’s (Am) event their today.

1 hour ago, S&P said:

Played 1st local round Thursday. Wind was brutal. League starts in two weeks. Masters next week. 1st ever women’s (Am) event their today.

Great times as a golf fan and hopefully courses dry out enough to officially get going in a couple weeks. 

Cannot believe this thread has languished with the Masters going on. Of course, it was so nice here today that I didn’t spend enough time indoors watching it. What a packed leaderboard. Tomorrow should be a blast to watch. 

23 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Cannot believe this thread has languished with the Masters going on. Of course, it was so nice here today that I didn’t spend enough time indoors watching it. What a packed leaderboard. Tomorrow should be a blast to watch. 

Going to be a stiff breeze tomorrow too. MAV and MET are around 15 knots (MAV a little higher) which would be good for gusts into the 30 mph range. 

I like the final score to not be much lower than it is today, maybe -15.

I watch on DVR, so I avoid this thread until i catch up. Early start. Should be fun. Molinari is so steady think someone will need to go low to catch him.

With all the talk of Molinari, it still surprises me how little attention Koepka gets. Of course Tiger is the big story but a lot of the talk was of Molinari while Koepka has been just playing along climbing up the leader board. 

• Like 1

I’ve never been a Tiger fanboy but I’ve always felt golf is more interesting when he’s in the mix. What a win. There are tons of people who don’t like him and he has given them reason to but this was really satisfying to see. I remember watching Nicklaus win in 86 but this was bigger. 

• Like 1

I’m dumbfounded. I can’t believe he actually did it. It’s such a shame he messed up a huge chunk of the tail end of his career. Best ever.