• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS only thread winter event Jan 29-30, 2019

wdrag

for the snow starved NYC posters, just drive less than 90 miles to your west on RT 78 and see 6 inches of blowing and drifting snow with temps in the teens now in Lehigh County PA. Sorry you missed the action today. It snowed from 6:30am  all the way to 8:00 pm tonight with no mixing. Feels and looks like winter now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

for the snow starved NYC posters, just drive less than 90 miles to your west on RT 78 and see 6 inches of blowing and drifting snow with temps in the teens now in Lehigh County PA. Sorry you missed the action today. It snowed from 6:30am  all the way to 8:00 pm tonight with no mixing. Feels and looks like winter now.

I'm not sure how to post a single video clip on here so I'll wait until tomorrow when I put it on youtube but I was about to say the same for where I was today. Such an amazing storm. 

Wantage NJ (8 s High Point) finished at 4.1.  19.9 for the season (9.4 this month and more to come). Am expecting everyone to to receive between 1/4 and 1.5" in a 5 to 25 minute whiteout from east to east 1P-430PM across ne PA NNJ to NYC. Treacherous few minutes of driving when the arctic frontal squall strikes. NW wind to 45 mph with considerable blowing/drifting late afternoon evening where 3+ inches of snow fell (see wind advisory. 1P temp 25-30ish, should drop to about zero at 8PM in nw NJ and ne PA. I see NYC had just a skiff here and there late last night but it did snow. No salvation for the snow thirsty.  This should be a little better for for NYC mid afternoon . Still looks  like 2-3F low tomorrow morning NYC.  Thursday's NYC max not as cold as I thought  (modeled) in previous days but still only ~14?  How about an inch of snow "possible" Friday afternoon and maybe a surprisingly cold Saturday morning in the wake of a weak surface wave moving off to our south. Seems to me EPS/GEFS Models are gravitating to a -NAO soon. This image is the 00z/29 GEFS reforecast.  Not sure if this better than what is traditionally posted here.  00z/30 posts around 16z. 

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 6.44.06 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Rjay unpinned this topic
On 1/29/2019 at 11:57 PM, Albedoman said:

thats why I have a second home in Jim Thorpe.  It's snowing where it's supposed to snow this season.

• Like 1