• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Events Jan 17-20

ChescoWx

Wxsim updated with 12z data remained nearly the same as the 6z GFS/NAM for NW Chesco (similar temps/less precip - added a little snow at end)

S+ by 3pm Saturday with Heavy IP by 6pm - total snow/sleet 3" to 4" - Temps stay below freezing till near midnight with 1.36" falling as frozen. Than another inch or so of rain before changing to snow before ending

Still thinking south folks like me will not do as well as those further north and of course west like Steve etc.

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

just saw elsewhere ukmet is juiciest now of all guidance and holds ll cold in much longer. At work cant check. Can anyone confirm??

I didn't see the thermals, don't have access. Low tracks right over PHL and moves ENE. Not a great track for this area but apparently there is a decent thump for even 95 similar to the icon.

Just now, The Iceman said:

Maybe tonight will overperform and we end up with 2 inches as opposed to 1 inch as a consolation for this weekend...

I'll go out of my way to predict more than last Sat into Sun storm around here...those damn flakes were so small! 

I'm outside now and just looking at the radar around Pitt and my (becoming more cloudy skies above)...I'll beat last weekend.

5 minutes ago, jdamobile said:

Ralph,

Do you have the rest of the run? TT only has that and the precip maps. Icon looked good. Real good initial thump. If this low could go through VA instead of on top of us. We'd all be happy. I think. 

Rough maps I use are meh....just widespread 1-3' DC - just W of BOS :o

Eta: has the 2nd punch like the icon FWIW which drops ~8"-12"

16 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I'll go out of my way to predict more than last Sat into Sun storm around here...those damn flakes were so small! 

I'm outside now and just looking at the radar around Pitt and my (becoming more cloudy skies above)...I'll beat last weekend.

I hope you are right. I only had an inch so I'm hoping I can beat that tonight... 2 inches will feel like christmas at this point...

lol 1-3' DC - Boston. I'd laugh so hard if that is what happens. That sounds like what the euro painted out about 5 days ago. Where DC had a 40" spot. Another interesting tidbit is the GEF and GEPS ensembles. A few members do have a low down where the JMA has it. Just something I thought I'd mention.