Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
✨Pittsburgh PA ❄ Winter 2018-2019

north pgh

17 minutes ago, dj3 said:

Ukie pretty much in agreement with every other model now bringing the low to the wv/pa border. Snow map keeps norther Allegheny around a foot but not gonna buy that with lp position. 

Definitely further south than the American models. Closer to Euro. Still has downtown in the 10+ range.

You are right that it is hard to buy, but the UKie is playing with some colder temps closer to the center of low pressure.

Moral of the story will of these models is that we still have some time and they are all close. Reason for concern? Sure. Ive said it a bunch and will continue to say it. The 00z run on tonights Euro will probably be what the storm will do. Just my hunch

782D8302-7116-412F-BF23-F508CE77316E.thumb.jpeg.3bd3255bb1deb214d29910de592790ec.jpeg

23 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

Definitely further south than the American models. Closer to Euro. Still has downtown in the 10+ range.

You are right that it is hard to buy, but the UKie is playing with some colder temps closer to the center of low pressure.

Moral of the story will of these models is that we still have some time and they are all close. Reason for concern? Sure. Ive said it a bunch and will continue to say it. The 00z run on tonights Euro will probably be what the storm will do. Just my hunch

782D8302-7116-412F-BF23-F508CE77316E.thumb.jpeg.3bd3255bb1deb214d29910de592790ec.jpeg

UKMET puts my backyard in 14in contour.. Honestly, knowing how these storms go if I end up with a 1/3 of that on the ground by late Sunday morning when the temperatures start to plummet I'll take that as a win.

At this point I think we may not know what we are getting until the storm comes on Saturday. It will be like the 1970 storms and the 1990 storms that I grew up without models available to me. We'll probably just have to go out Saturday and watch what is falling and hope it stays frozen. This is why my favorite weatherman Joe DeNardo would always wait until 24-48 hours out for snow totals. Right now we are still in a 2-12 range and it might not change until the storm gets here. At this point as long as that low tracks to our south anything can happen. Most of our big storms are usually under forecasted so one of these days we will be surprised. Why not this weekend?

• Like 3

OHZ039>041-048>050-057>059-068-069-PAZ020-021-029-031-073>076-
WVZ001>004-510-511-180400-
/O.NEW.KPBZ.WS.A.0002.190119T1200Z-190120T1800Z/
Tuscarawas-Carroll-Columbiana-Coshocton-Harrison-Jefferson-
Muskingum-Guernsey-Belmont-Noble-Monroe-Beaver-Allegheny-
Washington-Greene-Westmoreland-Westmoreland Ridges-Fayette-
Fayette Ridges-Hancock-Brooke-Ohio-Marshall-
Ridges of Eastern Monongalia and Northwestern Preston-Preston-
Including the cities of New Philadelphia, Dover, Carrollton,
Malvern, East Liverpool, Salem, Columbiana, Coshocton, Cadiz,
Steubenville, Zanesville, Cambridge, Martins Ferry,
St. Clairsville, Caldwell, Woodsfield, Aliquippa, Beaver Falls,
Ambridge, Monaca, Pittsburgh Metro Area, Washington, Canonsburg,
Waynesburg, Murrysville, Greensburg, New Kensington, Ligonier,
Donegal, Uniontown, Champion, Ohiopyle, Weirton, Follansbee,
Wellsburg, Wheeling, Moundsville, Coopers Rock, Kingwood,
and Bruceton Mills
254 PM EST Thu Jan 17 2019

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH
SUNDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation possible. Total snow
  accumulations of 3 to 12 inches and ice accumulations of up to
  one tenth of an inch possible.

* WHERE...Portions of southwest and western Pennsylvania, east
  central Ohio and northern and northern panhandle of West
  Virginia.

* WHEN...From Saturday morning through Sunday afternoon.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult to
  impossible.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.

1 hour ago, north pgh said:

At this point I think we may not know what we are getting until the storm comes on Saturday. It will be like the 1970 storms and the 1990 storms that I grew up without models available to me. We'll probably just have to go out Saturday and watch what is falling and hope it stays frozen. This is why my favorite weatherman Joe DeNardo would always wait until 24-48 hours out for snow totals. Right now we are still in a 2-12 range and it might not change until the storm gets here. At this point as long as that low tracks to our south anything can happen. Most of our big storms are usually under forecasted so one of these days we will be surprised. Why not this weekend?

Haha maybe NWS saw my post and liked it and thought 3-12 sounded better :lol:

Btw snowing hard here in the north hills    :snowwindow:

3 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

The question is, is it too amped. If it is then we are in a good spot. 

I think ritual had a good post this morning. There is just nothing to stop the primary low from coming north before it does it’s jump east. We  don’t really have a classic hp so I don’t see a reason right now why this wouldn’t continue to nudge until game time. The euro and ukmet still show good hits but the same trend is there on them as well. Hope I’m wrong 

I'll make a guess after the "clipper" rolls through and the 0Z model runs, but I would think 3-6" for places between Washington and Pittsburgh is a fair call right now.

I'd still err on the side of lower figures, probably with either more rain or a couple inches of sleet cutting back snow amounts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwilson said:

I'll make a guess after the "clipper" rolls through and the 0Z model runs, but I would think 3-6" for places between Washington and Pittsburgh is a fair call right now.

I'd still err on the side of lower figures, probably with either more rain or a couple inches of sleet cutting back snow amounts.

What about in Chalk Hill? I’m in the screw zone this time with maybe 2” with the warm tongue