• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Snow really starting to pick up now, huge fluffy flakes..

SWS

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Buffalo NY
150 AM EST Wed Nov 14 2018

NYZ003>006-141000-
Monroe-Wayne-Northern Cayuga-Oswego-
Including the cities of Rochester, Newark, Fair Haven, and Oswego
150 AM EST Wed Nov 14 2018

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO IMPACT AREAS SOUTH OF LAKE
ONTARIO OVERNIGHT...

Multiple bands of lake effect snow will continue overnight. Some
of these band will produce moderate to occasionally heavy snow.
Snowfall rates of an inch or more per hour are possible in the
most persistent snows.

Visibilities will drop quickly to less than a half mile in the
areas of heavier snow.

yeah wolfie i see that northern band your speaking of...its pretty obvious and apparent that the original first band  just south of fulton is not going to be heading north and if anything will be sliding south a little more..it loos like altmar and oswego both have to rely on the transient band that we are dealiing with now..thoughts?

I found it, lol, its effecting Metro KROC with a clear connection to GB and Huron so good for them, lol!

Clear convergence right around that area so I checked and boom, the band is alive and well, lol!

925mb_sf.gif?1542196154595
I don't know if its clear to all of you but you can see the convergence zone clearly hitting the central part of the Lake extending inland over the Finger Lakes

38 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I found it, lol, its effecting Metro KROC with a clear connection to GB and Huron so good for them, lol!

Clear convergence right around that area so I checked and boom, the band is alive and well, lol!

925mb_sf.gif?1542196154595
I don't know if its clear to all of you but you can see the convergence zone clearly hitting the central part of the Lake extending inland over the Finger Lakes

I seem to recall seeing this sort of thing last winter, where WNW/NW bands seemed to orient just to our S&W somewhat often, leaving us in a relative minima compared to our N & S. Apparently, the lake has a memory and enjoys our whining. ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

4.3 inches here, 0.26” LE.  I guess that’s on the low end of most forecasts but we were all hoping for more. 

The band was strong, albeit weaker than I had imagined it would be. But the real issue was the transient winds, a few models had it stationary for several hours with 2" per hour. Instead it slowly slid from north to south and weakened.