• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Banter

George BM

I'm just going to talk about hockey for a while. Seems we can discuss anything we wish even with threads for certain subjects. So, from preseason, what do folks think of the Caps? I watch a lot of their games due to having Comcast sports, and I'll be honest...not impressed. I know, I know, it IS preseason. But still, they haven't exactly been ripping the nets. Maybe they are laying back, maybe it is just an anomalous situation with the Cup win last year........maybe once it gets cold and the pattern changes they will start playing better.

It hasn't rained for more than 24 hours. My yard is now only spongy instead of spongy with puddles and it doesn't seem like it will rain again until at least Tuesday. If this keeps up I may, dare I say, be able to mow the lawn this weekend.

This drought means business folks. Water your thirsty lawns. Make sure your outdoor plants can survive until at least Tuesday... if it even rains then. Hurry... before this dryness reaps their poor little souls and they go haunting you in your dreams turning them into nightmares. Once that happens they will take control of your soul and you will all go into your yards and plant yourselves into the ground drinking up any rain that comes by. But then once it becomes colder the cold will reap your souls just like it does to the grass every winter. But with that having happened you will miss all the great snowstorms, snowicanes and a surprise tropical that will annihilate the region this winter.

So please... don't forget to water your lawns and gardens.

EDIT: I was able to mow the lawn this afternoon! Unreal.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Such a dumb move. Why even get close to the “line” in a meaningless preseason game. 

That said, can’t wait til I go to Wednesday’s opener and see the banner raised. Should be an exciting atmosphere! 

You going opening night?  Nice... enjoy it... Penguins are winning the Cup this season ;)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic