Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9th annual Lawn Thread 2018

Damage In Tolland

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Calcium and fert down. Earliest I can recall since living here. Nice head start even if weather stinks. 

My ground was frozen this AM.  I'm torn.  I'm leaving Friday for 9 days so I should put down something but the lawn is a disaster and I don't have the time to spend this weekend or next doing any yard work.  Work takes precedence.  May have to hire someone to do it this year.

31 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Agree, if the soil temp isn't up to 50-55 its pointless, its just throwing money away.  Plus putting it down this early you'll lose the effectiveness of whatever Dimension takes hold on the back end of the season.

He basically just threw 100 bucks away. But he doesn’t want to listen . So we’ll let him go 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He basically just threw 100 bucks away. But he doesn’t want to listen . So we’ll let him go 

You apply it in 2-3 months. I talked to a guy. My grass is already greening up, it's always wonderful in Weymouth. Your method is way too late and weeds already get established.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You apply it in 2-3 months. I talked to a guy. My grass is already greening up, it's always wonderful in Weymouth. Your method is way too late and weeds already get established.

2-3 months?

i apply it when the ground is ready . Not when it’s still in winter mode. 

The highway medians are greening up . The sun angle does that lol

Check your potty .. you’ll see Benjamin’s flushing down the bowl 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

2-3 months?

i apply it when the ground is ready . Not when it’s still in winter mode. 

The highway medians are greening up . The sun angle does that lol

Check your potty .. you’ll see Benjamin’s flushing down the bowl 

We green. #Scooterknows

Here's the problem, a lot of the weeds you see in early spring are actually winter annuals--they actually germinated in the fall, sit dormant and then take off once the weather warms in April. Pre-emergent  wont do anything for those fall germinating weeds like chickweed ,poa annua, bittercress and some other nasty suckers.

Crabgrass is not close to germinating I wouldn't think, but the the guys in SE MA would put down there Pre-Emerg before most on this forum. Toss it down when forsythia bloom, its a decent soil temp indicator.

2 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Here's the problem, a lot of the weeds you see in early spring are actually winter annuals--they actually germinated in the fall, sit dormant and then take off once the weather warms in April. Pre-emergent  wont do anything for those fall germinating weeds like chickweed ,poa annua, bittercress and some other nasty suckers.

Crabgrass is not close to germinating I wouldn't think, but the the guys in SE MA would put down there Pre-Emerg before most on this forum. Toss it down when forsythia bloom, its a decent soil temp indicator.

Thank You. Forsythia are already starting in some spots. That's all I am saying. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not this time of year. It’s not going to hurt letting it sit, but if you can..maybe wait until rain is imminent. 

I did that last year since the birds free range. I waited for a drawn out, moderate precip event before putting it down.