• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Attachments

calculus1

So, apparently, I've almost maxed out my allowed space for attachments.  So, I went to delete some.  The process is incredibly slow and requires multiple clicks.  The most frustrating part is that I can't delete multiple items at the same time.  Each image must be deleted one at a time.  Is there any way around this?  Could this feature be updated to allow multiple deletions at the same time?  Thanks for any responses.

It's funny you posted this.  I just came to the help area to ask the same question.  I still have 50% remaining but can't find a way to delete multiple images.  I have 23 pages.  I can't delete one by one as it takes way too long.  I just scrolled down and see other people in the past have the same frustration.  No fix.  So I guess from this point forward if you want to post an attachment you will have to delete one first...

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2018 at 9:50 AM, AMZ8990 said:

FOr some reason my pictures are having an issue completing the upload.  It goes all the way to 100% loaded but then I get an error message saying the upload could not be completed.  I have storage space to upload pics so I am unsure what the problem is.  Can anyone help with this problem??

I'm having the same issue.  For years actually. 

On 1/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, calculus1 said:

So, apparently, I've almost maxed out my allowed space for attachments.  So, I went to delete some.  The process is incredibly slow and requires multiple clicks.  The most frustrating part is that I can't delete multiple items at the same time.  Each image must be deleted one at a time.  Is there any way around this?  Could this feature be updated to allow multiple deletions at the same time?  Thanks for any responses.

You just gotta set aside an afternoon, put some music on & have at it

I have a couple of ideas for help clear out space for your attachments. If you want more space, consider funding the board to get more allowances...

1. Delete largest images first. When you go into images, click "sort by" and choose "size." Once you show the largest ones first, right click the delete button and "open" in a new tab. This will allow you to delete images over and over without the page refreshing on you. Yes, you'll have a bunch of tabs open that you'll have to press "delete" in, but this seems like a better option than going back and forth.

2. Delete old images too. Regardless of size, images that are no longer relevant (more than a year or two old and not in an important archived thread) can and probably should be deleted, assuming you want to maximize the space for your attachments. You can do the same thing, "sort by" and then choose "upload date." You'll have to get a little more creative to organize the list from oldest to newest, but one way is to change "desc" in the URL to saw "asc." Then you'll have the oldest images on the first page. Follow the same step and right click on the delete button to open in a new tab and go down the line.

With that said, I'm sure many of us would find a way to batch delete attachments without the tricks mentioned above much more convenient... Even something as simple as checking a box to delete more than one image on a page at a time...

These processes are baked into the coding of the board software and I've read the complaints from other boards over this same issue.  I have several other items I've voiced to Invision to fix as well. I'll see if there's a mod available but the software has been updated recently and they haven't touched this despite the complaints.

I'd strongly suggest you don't use attachments to post images but use a third party like Imgur to host the file.

Archived