Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Richmond Metro/Hampton Roads Discussion

RIC Airport

7 minutes ago, RVASnowLover said:

Not sure I’m buying it but we’ll see. GFS took a big step towards the euro for Friday-Saturday. Hope the euro holds. Cautiously excited 

Saw that too! Interesting. I remember living in S Jersey before the Prez Day weekend blizzard in 2003. Sat morning had 2-3”. Sunday morning the big one started and got 20 more inches.

8 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Saw that too! Interesting. I remember living in S Jersey before the Prez Day weekend blizzard in 2003. Sat morning had 2-3”. Sunday morning the big one started and got 20 more inches.

Would be cool to get a light event before a big one. That doesn’t happen here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Snowmadness said:

Love what models are showing now.  I hope we don’t see a repeat of last storm, models started looking hot days out then the storm trended inland few days before the storm hit. 

I absolutely agree with your analysis. Though I will say this, we have a much colder airmass in place now thanks to this current system that just exited our region to the north. Also, from what I'm seeing on the models we will have a decent blocking pattern in place limiting this storms ability to coming inland. This recent storm had a northern stream shortwave energy over the Great Lakes influencing it and pulling it inland. So far we don't have that with this storm. In all seriousness, the odds look good that we get a Miller A or at the very least something very similar to it

• Like 2

I've upgraded my status to Cautiously Optimistic for this storm... Like where we sit compared to last time in terms of location and temperature.      Only way we get to warm is if it tracks well west of what is currently projected.     Would have to have the northern stream slow down and all the short wave come out and phase with said sub tropical short wave.   Euro is the closet to that and we still get good snows with the 18z euro solution.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inudaw said:

I've upgraded my status to Cautiously Optimistic for this storm... Like where we sit compared to last time in terms of location and temperature.      Only way we get to warm is if it tracks well west of what is currently projected.     Would have to have the northern stream slow down and all the short wave come out and phase with said sub tropical short wave.   Euro is the closet to that and we still get good snows with the 18z euro solution.. 

This block to our north, per the UK and EURO, and even the crappy GFS looks a hell of a lot better than what we had in place with this recent storm. Will have to say I am concerned with your reasoning for being cautious as that could lead to a significant icing event. This has even been shown on previous runs of the globals in regards to this next storm. Those runs were putting down copious amounts of Ice across the eastern Carolinas

• Like 1