Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2017 OBS Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just your typical 72 degree DP here on October 8th in Chesco...at least we did receive 0.07" of rain so far today bringing our MTD total to 0.09". Good news is Wxsim paints 1.11" across the Township by tomorrow night - fingers crossed but not holding breath. Plus maybe one more warm day on Tuesday with a last shot at 80 degrees this year. Wxsim forecasting an 81 for Tuesday which would be a record high besting the 80 from 1997 over the last 35 years...but still well short of the all time Chester County record high of 88 set way back in 1939. MTD we are now running +6.3 to normal but rainfall is now a hefty 3.75" below our normal YTD average through today.

2 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Second night in a row with a low of 72F. Looks like a wall of water incoming...finally!

I was looking at an animation and it does literally look like a wall of water. :lmao:

I got another 0.01" around 10:30 last night and had a low of 73 this morning.  Currently overcast and 74F w/dp 73.

10092017-nexrad-nate-rain.gif

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I like autumn weather too but enjoy winter weather much much more. Would much rather have +AN now than in DJF. 

True. I'm just getting frustrated with this stuff. Trying to watch football and it's 80+/DP 70+ heading toward mid Oct is annoying and just not right. And barely any Fall foliage around here....trees/leaves don't know what to think.

Above avg temp wouldn't concern me so much, but it's the consistent MUCH above avg temps. Usually this time of year you'd like to see some cold front passages with crisp/cool autumn weather working it's way into the pattern. But this persistent SE ridge/-PNA is typical of Nina. And I'm not seeing anything that suggests we cool down to seasonal norms for any prolonged stretch.

Winter is a ways off and much can change, but seeing analogs such as 2007-08 and 2011-12 being thrown around isn't encouraging.

9 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I like autumn weather too but enjoy winter weather much much more. Would much rather have +AN now than in DJF. 

Agreed! I like the fall weather a lot but I also don't want to use up a good winter pattern in October - November. Rather use the AC now than on Christmas eve like 2 years ago.

Storm total so far 1.30" with 1.18" so far today. Largest rain event since the 3.16" event on July 22nd and 23rd. Hi/Lo 75.2/70.7 +14.9 above normal. Through the 1st 9 days of October we are running 7.3 degrees above normal. The average temp through today is 64.7 and no doubt that average will fall closer to 60 by month end...but to put that in perspective in the 124 years of local Chester County climate data we have only had 4 October's that finished with an average temperature above 60 - and the last time that happened was way back in 1941! Below are the top 4 warm Octobers  1900 = 61.2 / 1919 = 60.3 / 1920 = 60.1 and 1941 = 60.0

2 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Storm total so far 1.30" with 1.18" so far today. Largest rain event since the 3.16" event on July 22nd and 23rd. Hi/Lo 75.2/70.7 +14.9 above normal. Through the 1st 9 days of October we are running 7.3 degrees above normal. The average temp through today is 64.7 and no doubt that average will fall closer to 60 by month end...but to put that in perspective in the 124 years of local Chester County climate data we have only had 4 October's that finished with an average temperature above 60 - and the last time that happened was way back in 1941! Below are the top 4 warm Octobers  1900 = 61.2 / 1919 = 60.3 / 1920 = 60.1 and 1941 = 60.0

What did October 2007 finish at there?

Archived