Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017 Summer Weather Pattern Trends

George BM

• 2 weeks later...

Climate models look half decent for JJA if you don't like blistering humid heat.  Not good for canes in our region but with the ridge axis west of the MS river on the means we wouldn't get endless days of HHH. 

W-NW upper level flow can still be plenty warm but we wouldnt get persistent SW flow flooding us with sticky sweltering soup. 

28 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Would you take a summer of HHH if you would get legit tropical out of the pattern?

If I knew for a fact that it would happen then yes. But I can't so it's a bad trade. I'll take a pleasant summer and hope for luck/timing with tropical. 

If the heat ridge is centered west like the climate models are showing we could do fairly well with severe or just storms in general. Like your recent ring of fire post. Big storms riding up over and down can do us right. A derecho is like a tropical storm packed into 30 minutes. Lol

9 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

If I knew for a fact that it would happen then yes. But I can't so it's a bad trade. I'll take a pleasant summer and hope for luck/timing with tropical. 

If the heat ridge is centered west like the climate models are showing we could do fairly well with severe or just storms in general. Like your recent ring of fire post. Big storms riding up over and down can do us right. A derecho is like a tropical storm packed into 30 minutes. Lol

I'd take this all day and twice on Sunday.

I've said many times before that I generally don't mind big heat, but it wears on me after a while. I'd happily take being on the east side of the ridge without big heat, and take my chances with weather coming down the back side of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, BTRWx said:

I plotted temperature anomalies following 10 days after every great eclipse since 1950.  Almost every anomaly in the vicinity of totality shows below average temperatures!  I wonder how long temperature effects can linger from an eclipse...

https://postimg.org/gallery/187s1y3jq/ed121c4d/

That IS quite interesting. I wouldn't think that the effects of a solar eclipse would last that long though. Although there was about a five degree Fahrenheit temperature drop in areas with clear skies that experienced totality.

Archived