joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Storm discussion

SnowLover22

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Philly at some of the high totals was always unrealistic despite what any guidance may have suggested. I've constantly said that, so I'll probably be proven wrong lol.

The local Mets saying 4-8 are actually getting it right for once. They mostly never put out any of the higher totals some maps suggested, and it looks to pay dividends. 

As long as it's not raining when people wake up, I think most will do okay. The weather was glorious today. Let's just bang this storm out, maybe one more this month, and warm up!

1 minute ago, hurricane1091 said:

I think Philly at some of the high totals was always unrealistic despite what any guidance may have suggested. I've constantly said that, so I'll probably be proven wrong lol.

The local Mets saying 4-8 are actually getting it right for once. They mostly never put out any of the higher totals some maps suggested, and it looks to pay dividends. 

As long as it's not raining when people wake up, I think most will do okay. The weather was glorious today. Let's just bang this storm out, maybe one more this month, and warm up!

I'll be up way before then but yeah, if you hear raindrops in the 6am range and jump online and see 35-36F ugghh. Hang it up, complete slop...

1 minute ago, greenskeeper said:

going in to work at 2-3 am to be there for the start, easy O/T if it's just rain.

Getting up here by 2-3am to take a walk/take out trash...stupid shiet and waste time for the arrival. But I expect some snow close by...at the very least temps dipping/radar blossoming.

18 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Short range trends are meh. Now casting event for sure. 3-5 inches for Philly is looking better.

That's a bit of a far cry from the expectations of many not long ago. If 3-5 verifies, I think some people might be upset, even though for being 65 degrees it is amazing to be able to get snow the next day at all. I have been notably weary of this the entire time, which is unusual for me. If it falls in the 4-7" range, I can be okay with that since it's where my thinking has been as of late. If something terrible happens and it's a total bust, it will definitely be upsetting. I can just remember the switch over to snow burning my area in the past, it's hard to forget lol. Nothing is worse than staring at radar and out the window for something that never occurs, or occurs later than expected.

Still though, snow after these temps is wild.

19 minutes ago, ActionPhilosopher said:

New to the community; looking forward to a fast transition from rain to snow and intense banding. Please feel free to put me on the alter if we are a miss....I put my new snowblower together today. I look forward to interacting with everyone!

This is not a good start, ActionPhilosopher. 

:)

Always good for American to know there are some weather fans lurking out there!

Without these forums how are fans like us really going to try and understand what it takes to decifer all this information?  Its a hobby to me but so wish I went for a formal education years and years ago.

From the time I started lurking around here, based on what I've learned here, for my locatin moderate confidence tomorrow will see good band or two. Will post my obs in the am.  

Totals were okay, then good, and then through the roof just yesterday. They gradually keep stepping back, so it's causing this kind of reaction. This thing was never the best set up ever, and I think if we didn't see some of the crazy guidance yesterday people would just be happy to get some decent snow.

Archived