Newest Member
    joxey
February Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Has anyone seen the Euro for next week temperature wise? It's even warmer than this week, with possible widespread 70's next Tuesday through Thursday before things finally cool off around March 3rd.

Yea it's a major blowtorch for next week, then a cool down to near normal the following week. The Euro weeklies do the same, then they build a huge SE ridge right back up very quickly, by mid-month

3 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

you said torch till mid March - everyday the temp averages rise in March - everyday is supposed to be above 40 and that increases every couple of days

Your still wrong... possible 70s on euro consecutive weekends and then mid week first week of march 2nd.... 70s on march 2nd is a torch...

also go look at the GFS 2mt anomalies from average... +10 or greater with the exception of 2-3 days for its entire run... up

to march 09

2 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

70's consecutive weekends in Late February and early March - good luck with that one............

Yea cause it's not like every model is forecasting it or anything lol... I hit 66 this last Sunday... in freaking Ulster county... in the mountains, mid Feb.... my forecasted high was 59...lol... temps have been busting high EVERY time... I guarantee someone in this forum sees close to if not hits 70 this Thursday/Friday 

35 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Yea cause it's not like every model is forecasting it or anything lol... I hit 66 this last Sunday... in freaking Ulster county... in the mountains, mid Feb.... my forecasted high was 59...lol... temps have been busting high EVERY time... I guarantee someone in this forum sees close to if not hits 70 this Thursday/Friday 

Lol remember when he tried telling us that the storm last week was "trending" to hit NYC with snow the day before with that rogue run of the NAM? Not so much as virga. Lmao!

1 hour ago, NEG NAO said:

Your Guarantee might require some refunds for Thursday....

NYZ072-220915-  
NEW YORK (MANHATTAN)-  
653 PM EST TUE FEB 21 2017  

TONIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN AFTER  
MIDNIGHT. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 40S. SOUTH WINDS  
AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

WEDNESDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN IN  
THE MORNING...THEN PARTLY SUNNY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE  
UPPER 50S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING

THEN MOSTLY  
CLOUDY WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE AND FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE  
MID 40S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.

THURSDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE AND FOG. HIGHS  
AROUND 60. SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

THURSDAY NIGHT

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE. A CHANCE OF  
LIGHT RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 50. SOUTH WINDS AROUND  
5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

FRIDAY

CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE.  
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

FRIDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. SHOWERS LIKELY

MAINLY AFTER  
MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

SATURDAY

RAIN LIKELY. HIGHS AROUND 60. CHANCE OF RAIN  
70 PERCENT.

SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING

THEN PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN  
THE UPPER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.

SUNDAY

MOSTLY SUNNY. COOLER WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.

SUNDAY NIGHT

PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 30S.

MONDAY

PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.

MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR IN THE EVENING

THEN BECOMING  
PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 30S.

TUESDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S.   

Manhatten isn't this "forum" bro...I also said Thursday/Friday....want me to post the point and click for this past weekends warmth? Cause that was a major bust too lol

41 minutes ago, mriceyman said:

You have to remember who is included in this forum.. not just you northern guys. In cnj we will hit 70 Thursday/friday probably fairly easy

Exactly, this forum stretches from Cnj all the way up past Poughkeepsie. And if the euro is correct, up to Albany area has a chance at hitting 70

19 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

First fiqure out how you will get rid of the fog and drizzle Thursday then we can discuss 70

NYZ070-220915-  
NORTHERN WESTCHESTER-  
948 PM EST TUE FEB 21 2017  

OVERNIGHT

CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN. NOT AS COOL.  
NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE UPPER 30S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND  
5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.

WEDNESDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN IN THE  
MORNING...THEN PARTLY SUNNY IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID  
50S. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING

THEN MOSTLY  
CLOUDY WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE AND FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND  
40. SOUTH WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.

THURSDAY

MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH PATCHY DRIZZLE AND FOG. HIGHS IN  
THE UPPER 50S. SOUTHWEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.

THURSDAY NIGHT

Northern westchester? How do you quote someone talking about Albany and post northern westchester? Lmao...are you just randomly cherry picking point and clicks without knowing? Lmao... 

hows last weeks snowstorm trending?

2 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

The HRRR still has lower 60's for most of the area later today with overnight lows in the mid-upper 40's. 

Tomorrow looks gorgous West of the Hudson. From the city East could get backdoored.

42 and drizzle at ISP 21z tomorrow and 68 and sunny at TTN.

Seems like the 12z GFS doesn't show much of the backdoor now.

6 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

Seems like the 12z GFS doesn't show much of the backdoor now.

Not as pronounced but still showing 55 at ISP while TTN is in the mid 60's, so about a ten degree spread.

The backdoor is still very noticable on the 4k 12z NAM. Look at temperature gradient between the Lower and Central Hudson Valley and extreme Western New England.

nam4km_T2m_neus_33.png

The 12z Euro is much weaker with the backdoor cold front on Friday. Lower 70's from EWR to NYC on Friday afternoon. TTN, ACY and PHI are all 70+. We get into the lower 60's on Saturday ahead of the cold front. Then after a brief cool down from Sunday to Monday we're pushing the lower 50's again on Monday afternoon and then we're back into the middle 60's on Wednesday.

Other than a few day transient period of colder weather and the possibilty of anothr brief cool down during the second week of March, I'm ready to pronounce. 

30 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The 12z Euro is much weaker with the backdoor cold front on Friday. Lower 70's from EWR to NYC on Friday afternoon. TTN, ACY and PHI are all 70+. We get into the lower 60's on Saturday ahead of the cold front. Then after a brief cool down from Sunday to Monday we're pushing the lower 50's again on Monday afternoon and then we're back into the middle 60's on Wednesday.

Other than a few day transient period of colder weather and the possibilty of anothr brief cool down during the second week of March, I'm ready to pronounce. 

Get the pool ready Yanks.

We actually have some friends who moved about 25 miles outside of the city in NJ who said we were welcome at their pool anytime this summer.  I'm pretty psyched.

Archived