• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Fall into Winter!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

They cut totals quite a bit in latest forecast.

http://www.weather.gov/images/buf/stormtotalsnow/StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Ya that map isn't even the latest map they're lasted map had totals slashed even a lot more than that. Most of Niagara Frontier only sees 1-2" including the city and northtowns and Southtowns like W.S. And Hamburg.

i don't think this event is going to be anything huge. I don't see anyone getting 2' + but LakeEffectKing says otherwise so I hope I am wrong. I'll stick to my guns with less than 2" at KBUF but I'll raise ROC to about 5.3" and SYR to 9.7". Think a max around 15" on the Tug and Chautauqua Ridge somewhere. 

4 hours ago, phoenixny said:

12Z Nam hammers CNY. I agree with blizzard conditions at times with gusts over 40 mph. This is gonna be an awesome storm. Gravestone, your kids will enjoy Monday off! Lots of cancellations come Monday morning. Glad LEK is back too. 

Yeah, kids already asking about probability of a snow day Monday.  Phoenix doesn't' give them up easily...;)...I told them it's 50/50 so they don't get tempted to blow off homework for Monday classes. ;)

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah, kids already asking about probability of a snow day Monday.  Phoenix doesn't' give them up easily...;)...I told them it's 50/50 so they don't get tempted to blow off homework for Monday classes. ;)

Hey Brian(I think!), This should be a good storm for us man. Psyched. Tomorrow night looks real rough around these parts. 

4 minutes ago, phoenixny said:

Hey Brian(I think!), This should be a good storm for us man. Psyched. Tomorrow night looks real rough around these parts. 

That's a nice looking forecast.

Tonight
Rain before 11pm, then rain and snow showers between 11pm and 1am, then snow showers likely after 1am. Low around 34. West wind 9 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Sunday
Snow showers. Areas of blowing snow after 1pm. High near 37. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 4 inches.
Sunday Night
Snow showers. Areas of blowing snow. Low around 30. Breezy, with a west wind 22 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of around 6 inches.
Monday
Snow showers. Areas of blowing snow. High near 33. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Monday Night
Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Archived