joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/16-17 Clipper System

John1122

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Car thermometer? If yes, what was the temperature?

I don't have one, but probably 34ish if I were guessing. It was above freezing. There's still 4 inches of snow on the ground there. Around 2000 feet is one of those magical cut-off zones here. Below 2000 there's about 1.5 inches on the ground and below 1400 there's basically nothing now other than some patches. It was mixed about 200 feet above my house. That's why I drove up, I could see the snow falling on the side of the ridge above me.

This is crazy I know, but I'm out off of Dutchtown Rd at Pellissippi Pkwy and seeing the raindrops hitting my windshield, it is apparent that a lot of the drops have a little ice in them. I don't think it's going to take as much to change this over to snow as I originally thought.

I thought the same thing driving home to Halls but I discredited it when I saw Ch 10 news was in Morgan Co and it was raining there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about this event, but we are certainly lucky that it is happening at night. Really, a marginal temp event could not have came at a better time for the valley (night). If I am understanding this correctly, this is an elevation driven event, correct?

Elevation will help a lot, as I said, it's snowing heavily above 2500 here now. I've seen it crash quickly and the snow elevation drops fast and I've seen it stick around 2000 feet before and that area and up get 4-6 inches while it rains here.

I really don't see anybody east of the plateau getting anything. None of the models really support in and the temps don't either. Could of been a good clipper it was just close on the heels of yesterday's storm.

You're harshing my mellow man!

000151_14.jpg

Totally kidding, I agree with you. 

This system is really booking.  Looks like just another rain system for about everybody in the valley.  I wonder if even Morristown and points north will see anything.  I'm not feeling it.

If we just had some decent cold air available, we would've seen a good 3-5 inch snow probably.  O well.  Bring on the 60s this weekend, so I can get some work done outside. Or just drink a beer on the deck for a change.  :beer:

This system is really booking. Looks like just another rain system for about everybody in the valley. I wonder if even Morristown and points north will see anything. I'm not feeling it.

If we just had some decent cold air available, we would've seen a good 3-5 inch snow probably. O well. Bring on the 60s this weekend, so I can get some work done outside. Or just drink a beer on the deck for a change. :beer:

No kidding. About over this winter unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This system is really booking.  Looks like just another rain system for about everybody in the valley.  I wonder if even Morristown and points north will see anything.  I'm not feeling it.

If we just had some decent cold air available, we would've seen a good 3-5 inch snow probably.  O well.  Bring on the 60s this weekend, so I can get some work done outside. Or just drink a beer on the deck for a change:beer:

hwuRlu0.jpg

I plan to drink beer AND work in the garden this weekend!  There will be more chances.  It's mid February in a nino year, enjoy your break but we'll likely have another shot at wintry weather.

I plan to drink beer AND work in the garden this weekend! There will be more chances. It's mid February in a nino year, enjoy your break but we'll likely have another shot at wintry weather.

Oh, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Ole Man Winter yet. He normally doesn't go quietly into the night. :oldman: 

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Archived