• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: End of Winter/Into Spring!

yeah BOX is out of their mind and totally playing catch up to this event. If I see less than 5" I won't post a thing on this subforum for a year. I'm at roughly 11" to date, expecting about 8" or so here, with another possible storm Tuesday here looking to produce similar totals that would put me near 26" or so, pretty close to BUF.

You were pretty much right on the 8" last week, right? Looks like today was a bit of a dud in a good bit of RI compared to how the rest of SE New England is faring, but I bet whatever you end up today is more than we'll get out of this pattern at BUF.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro looked pretty damn good for lake enhancement wed and thursday..About .75" LE by 12z thur..

A little from buffalo

A COMPLEX PATTERN EVOLUTION WILL UNFOLD THROUGH THE SHORT TERM
PERIOD. A MID LEVEL CLOSED LOW WILL OPEN UP INTO A BROAD TROUGH
TUESDAY NIGHT...WITH A COUPLE LOW AMPLITUDE WAVES MOVING SLOWLY
ACROSS THE GREAT LAKES REGION THROUGH THURSDAY. THIS WILL BRING
PERSISTENT AND OCCASIONALLY SIGNIFICANT SNOW TO THE REGION.

AMOUNTS SE OF LAKE ONTARIO SHOULD
AVERAGE IN THE 3-6

SOUTHEAST OF LAKE ONTARIO LAKE ENHANCEMENT TOWARDS THE END OF
THE EVENT WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY MAY ALSO BRING HIGHER TOTALS
FROM ROCHESTER TO OSWEGO COUNTY

IN ALL OF THESE CASES THERE IS
SIMPLY TOO WIDE A SPREAD IN FORECAST WIND FIELDS TO SUPPORT ANY OF
THESE HEADLINES EVEN THOUGH THERE IS A POSSIBILITY SNOWFALL WILL
REACH CRITERIA. ADDITIONAL MESOSCALE GUIDANCE WILL ALSO BE HELPFUL
IN PINNING DOWN THE EXACT LOCATION...ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT
UPSTREAM CONNECTIONS WILL HEAVILY INFLUENCE SNOWFALL AMOUNTS.

lol, yea it started melting once the snow stopped and temps jumped a few degrees..I think we will do OK over the next several days even if it's dink and dunk city...Few time frames to watch as well, 2/16-2/17, 2/22-2/23 etc..I'm still holding out some hope for another 59" inches and a triple digit season  :popcorn:

lol, yea it started melting once the snow stopped and temps jumped a few degrees..I think we will do OK over the next several days even if it's dink and dunk city...Few time frames to watch as well, 2/16-2/17, 2/22-2/23 etc..I'm still holding out some hope for another 59" inches and a triple digit season  :popcorn:

I think you do decent this week Wolfie. I would say at least a foot in your location, possibly more.

You were pretty much right on the 8" last week, right? Looks like today was a bit of a dud in a good bit of RI compared to how the rest of SE New England is faring, but I bet whatever you end up today is more than we'll get out of this pattern at BUF.

yes sir. 8" last storm on Friday and 6.4" in the storm yesterday 25.4" seasonal total. Think that's ahead of KBUF and got a few more inches coming tomorrow...

Archived