• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RUT ROH RAGGY

DTWXRISK

After the back-and-forth swings in the LR models that occurred prior to the recent storm locking in early, I'd like to see some stability in this modeling over the next few days; otherwise it doesn't seem impossible, given the continued Nino, PAC and +NAO, that we'd be back to where we were a fortnight ago in terms of predictability...

I wish for the new players there was a way to label the systems so you knew the what you were looking at if the OP and ENS are out of phase. In fact I often have difficultly imagining the track of a storm when the models are broken out in 12hr increments. Maybe I'm off the mark here and saying ridiculous stuff but it seems like it could be more intuitive.

I wish for the new players there was a way to label the systems so you knew the what you were looking at if the OP and ENS are out of phase. In fact I often have difficultly imagining the track of a storm when the models are broken out in 12hr increments. Maybe I'm off the mark here and saying ridiculous stuff but it seems like it could be more intuitive.

Hard to explain really, it just comes down to getting a good feel reading the models & realizing that the weather runs on a certain wave length. 

That seems like it's more a cost of the graphical modeling than anything else - I mean, the algorithms for the models themselves surely are smoother and don't "jump" in 12 hour blocks, unable to fill in the gaps?

Im more interested in the big storm that drives into the GL a few days prior. A low may form on the trailing cold front somewhere in the Southeast and come North *possibly*.

Don't count on it, -10c is too far southeast behind the cutter to support any sort of post frontal wave..

Don't count on it, -10c is too far southeast behind the cutter to support any sort of post frontal wave..

We are probably more likely to get a clipper before anything substantial, similar to what we saw last week before the blizzard. It looks like starting around the 4th cold will overwhelm the pattern so I suspect we will see a couple reinforcing shots and one of them will probably be accompanied with a clipper or two.

We are probably more likely to get a clipper before anything substantial, similar to what we saw last week before the blizzard. It looks like starting around the 4th cold will overwhelm the pattern so I suspect we will see a couple reinforcing shots and one of them will probably be accompanied with a clipper or two.

Agreed the -EPO pattern usually favors clippers.

I'd take 3" of squeaky powder to help set the stage for something more substantial.

Im more interested in the big storm that drives into the GL a few days prior. A low may form on the trailing cold front somewhere in the Southeast and come North *possibly*.

Models starting to key in on this feature a little better. CMC, Euro, and GFS (minus the 6Z) all have it as well as their ensemble means. Some are admittedly a little farther off the coast, but still something to monitor. This potential intrigues me. Could be a nice quick hitting thump (with no N Atl block) for part of the Mid Atlantic and Northeast.

Archived