joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So again sorry for the novice question, but is there anything that obviously stands as the reason the GFS "hooks" in with a mix (something that I don't recall seeing on any previous runs)

Unsure what you are asking? Are you asking about mixing potential? If so I believe I95 will ultimately be the far West push of any mixing. Others are seeing it differently tho. I still think we need to nail down track as well as capture vs non capture. We still have a little wiggle room wrt onset but we are getting nearer to crunch time.

We really need to see the GFS back off on the sleet notion today at 12z to rest a little easier.

I would also like to continue to see the shorter range models showing more of a front end thump as we get more in their useful range.

Yeah, ugh, I don't like that northern Delaware up to about Philly gets real warm on the GFS. But as the NWS says, it is only the GFS showing it that warm.

Yeah, ugh, I don't like that northern Delaware up to about Philly gets real warm on the GFS. But as the NWS says, it is only the GFS showing it that warm.

Every other model has us just cold enough to support all snow.  Its a matter of getting the precip in here.  I am seriously just confused about the persistence of a qpf gap between BWI and the CNJ shore......its annoying to continually see.  All of SEPA is in it too.  I guess we're just too far east to cash in on the front end but then too far west to get into the good bands from the coastal.

Archived