SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need Ray to come here just once and pacify us all. He is the only one we'll listen too... The natives are getting restless in here and most of us are living and dying with each model run.

I haven't waffled once since monday, not about to based on one model run...again. it seems one model run has everyone running for the hills again. still think 14-18+ will verify. bump troll all you want after the storm.

I haven't waffled once since monday, not about to based on one model run...again. it seems one model run has everyone running for the hills again. still think 14-18+ will verify. bump troll all you want after the storm.

Ditto, not budging. I have a rather broad range of 12-24" for my area. Low end verifies with no capture, high end verifies with capture. That scenario will come down to a nowcast imho. Gave myself plenty of wiggle room but this is a range the local news outlets and even the nws uses, so I'm not ashamed. Good luck everyone!

Ditto, not budging. I have a rather broad range of 12-24" for my area. Low end verifies with no capture, high end verifies with capture. That scenario will come down to a nowcast imho. Gave myself plenty of wiggle room but this is a range the local news outlets and even the nws uses, so I'm not ashamed. Good luck everyone!

Yeah, re: Nowcasting.....Don't these storms normally over-perform where nowcasting actually brings a multitude of surprises? Banding/Bombogenesis (look at me using these terms! w00t).

Said it pages pages back...I'm going 15" damnit! Euro will be fun though...

And what if it drops further S & E?  :axe:

Then its obviously an outlier and gets tossed ;-)

Walt Whitman bridge....prime jumping areas are still available.

Let be said that I've stood by my amateur forecast for RDG through thick and thin (I think). What was it again 7-11" with up 16+ locally, or was it 3-5" ? LOL 

While this euro run is obviously important, I think the overall trends so far from 0z are enough so that even a weird euro run does not negate a solid snow event for the area. In short, the entire outcome of this storm does not solely hinge on what this Euro run shows. There was overhwelming support otherwise for a Northerly tick tonight. Would like to see it nudge tho, no doubt. And as far as someone posting just how consistent the Euro has been, it has been consistently wrong at times in the past. It isnt infallible.

going 15-20" here in Three Tuns PA

Also, really wish if DT is going to poke in here that he has some positve info instead of searching for posts to rip...

This has always been his downfall in the nearly 15 years I've been on these boards!

Yeah I think its his coping mechanism. I would love to actually meet his personality in person (I suppose that goes for all of you on here), I think almost all of us are much more easy going in person.  The last thirty minutes of this thread should probably be in banter. If this was MA we would be banned from the site by now! 

Before people panic. I've been following winter storms, comparing model runs to prior model runs over and over for the last 10 years. I have always found that the EURO has blip runs before major storms at times....

Check out the moisture down south on the 00z model, it completely changed the location of the rain, less than 24 hours out! This model isn't the God people think it is....The EURO actually made a big step towards the GGEM, the ULL was stronger & farther N, however at the end of the run it seemed like it had issues with the the energy swinging around the base of the trough. 

Even though people will probably panic because of this run, I am actually feeling better for our region....I will bet a large amount of $ right now that we see it come back around @ 12z. 

Before people panic. I've been following winter storms, comparing model runs to prior model runs over and over for the last 10 years. I have always found that the EURO has blip runs before major storms at times....

Check out the moisture down south on the 00z model, it completely changed the location of the rain, less than 24 hours out! This model isn't the God people think it is....The EURO actually made a big step towards the GGEM, the ULL was stronger & farther N, however at the end of the run it seemed like it had issues with the the energy swinging around the base of the trough. 

Even though people will probably panic because of this run, I am actually feeling better for our region....I will bet a large amount of $ right now that we see it come back around @ 12z. 

why is this a blip run? it looks a lot like 12z, and a lot like the GFS as well.  It still has right around a foot for PHL, which seems like a pretty good forecast as of now.  (also in step with GEFS and the canadian ensembles).  It could still be higher, and if i had to go over or under 12 inches i guess i would go over, but this is in step with a lot of the guidance.

Archived