Toothache
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the result of the Euro.

22YB2A5.png

Todays my last day of wx bell. Not sure if I should renew for one more month.

Well I can't say I have seen a snowfall map like that in a long time. Goes to show how rare a true apps runner is. Looks like it would get everyone the last storm missed just about. As for WxBell, I say renew it for one more month, but then again its not my money so.. :) Really though, I'd be surprised if we didn't have at least 2-3 legit storms to track this month so it might be worth it. What does Wxbell cost a month anyways?

This is the result of the Euro.

22YB2A5.png

Todays my last day of wx bell. Not sure if I should renew for one more month.

When I see that map it reminds me of a storm years ago (I can't recall the year) That the heavy snow was on the border over into Ohio where they got crushed and we got rain. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Also, any chance we get some thunderstorms or strong winds with the next front tomorrow overnight?

I wish and hope this comes to fruition ? If there on Friday. I say game on I won't get excited.

There are several short waves in the upcoming time period, so its going to be really tough to get any real lead time on a storm most likely so I would hedge towards more model solutions jumping around until we get much closer.

When I see that map it reminds me of a storm years ago (I can't recall the year) That the heavy snow was on the border over into Ohio where they got crushed and we got rain. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Also, any chance we get some thunderstorms or strong winds with the next front tomorrow overnight?

Big ohio valley blizzard I believ about 9 years ago. I remember Henry marguerity two days out predicting us to get 2 feet, and in the end it shifted 100 miles west and we were dry slotted. One of many frustrating storms as Columbus got 20 inches, Cleveland 15, and Erie got around 20 inches I think.

Big ohio valley blizzard I believ about 9 years ago. I remember Henry marguerity two days out predicting us to get 2 feet, and in the end it shifted 100 miles west and we were dry slotted. One of many frustrating storms as Columbus got 20 inches, Cleveland 15, and Erie got around 20 inches I think.

Haha yeah that was a heartbreaker. I remember getting picked up and it was a rain/snow mix. A couple hours later it switched over out of nowhere and we ended up with 6 or so inches. That was right up there with the Phantom super bowl storm in 09.

Trough is dipping south, AO is going negative, some guidance is showing hints of weak blocking, and that Ridge out west is amplifying like crazy. I think there will be a big snow storm but honestly that's about as much as anyone can say at this point. Still 9/10 days out so anything can happen.

Trough is dipping south, AO is going negative, some guidance is showing hints of weak blocking, and that Ridge out west is amplifying like crazy. I think there will be a big snow storm but honestly that's about as much as anyone can say at this point. Still 9/10 days out so anything can happen.

It would be nice to have one 6+ storm but really as long as feb is active and there's stuff to track I'll be happy.

I agree, I'd be shocked if a big storm didn't happen, just gotta hope the stars align and we get in on it.

Sometimes u say some crazy stuff u really know when we have better chances than none,,,

Pattern is really close to something big. If that leading shortwave can slow down, phase and end up being the main player it will explode and probably be a good chance it would at the very least be an apps or inland track. Models have seemed to speed that up today though, so might be a long shot.

If we get the good luck and all that happens what day possibly?( how many days away from start ) ?!

Eh I don't like the look of the short waves. Still a long way off but it looks like New England will most likely jackpot.

That first wave scooting out to sea is going to decrease heights along the coast, making it more likely that any second or third wave that goes boom will be further east. Seems like the one thing the models agree on is not focusing on that first short wave but diverge from there. I guess if that is what happens we want to see that first wave get out of the way even faster. I'm starting to become less optimistic for our area but still several days out there. Still can't fathom that with a full latitude trough like that a big storm doesn't blow up, but it might favor New England as you mentioned.

Canadian looking like some possibilities  next week.

Hoping to catch some thunder between 4 and 7 am. Keep your ears open.

I didn't hear any thunder around my area, but not surprising. If the Nino cools rapidly over the next month or so towards a LaNina I think that increases the chances of severe weather. Maybe we will have some decent storms this year, just keep the tornado activity away. Could be a warmer than average summer on tap too. I'd love to just hit the 60s-70s for second half March and April, I hate cool damp springs.

It is just looking more and more like a Miller b which we usually get screwed over because the energy gets stolen away from the northern vort. This just reminds me of Nemo where the storm doesn't blow up until it's north east of us. Still 6 days out so it's still early and most ensembles are good for atleast a moderate event.

Archived