joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Winter 2015-2016

meatwad

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

U might get another inch. 1/2 foot ain't bad for something that was south of us supoosavly ?

If he's north and west of the city then the snow is shutoff. You can see it starting to move out of Monroeville almost. The pictures I am seeing from this storm is insane though.

Got about 24" out there and it's still pounding

Congrats! Bet you are glad you moved!'

I maybe picked up another tenth of an inch after I measured. I can see blue sky way off to the west so expect I'm done seeing any meaningful snow. As is this was a big storm for the area so nobody can really complain unless you are in Butler County or Armstrong count on North. Hopefully this winter didn't put all its eggs in one basket and we have a couple more shots before spring.

Now that the snow has stopped here, I just took a final measurement. I have 8". Not bad. More than happy that my 2-4 call the other day busted badly. The NAM, which normally goes overboard with qpf, ended up being the closest of all the models on this one. I guess a blind squirrel can find an acorn every once in a while. ;)

They need to get their numbers to their NWS Office.. But some of them probably are measuring drifts also.

True I bet some are probably atleast getting drifts but I'm curious what will be the highest total. NYC is getting blitzed and is gonna see 50 mph winds. BTW GGEM shows a similar scenario next next.

Congrats! Bet you are glad you moved!'

I maybe picked up another tenth of an inch after I measured. I can see blue sky way off to the west so expect I'm done seeing any meaningful snow. As is this was a big storm for the area so nobody can really complain unless you are in Butler County or Armstrong count on North. Hopefully this winter didn't put all its eggs in one basket and we have a couple more shots before spring.

I am complaining!!!

I am complaining!!!

I don't blame you, especially given areas just a couple miles South ended up with 6-10+. I ended up with 4.5 inches which isn't bad considering my forecast was 1-2. Your location is great when we have a r/s line near by. I don't know how many times I ended up with half as much as my parents in South Buffalo when we have those warm tongues. I've come to the conclusion I either need to move North or South, cause I'm to far North for these types of events, and to far South for LES and warm tongues.

Maybe just maybe this thing can start trending west. Gonna be a long stressful week of tracking again.

I'd be surprised if any storm (should it develop) end up to far east given that the NAO and AO are going to be well into positive territory by then, of course it could also mean something goes to far West and we rain.

nao.sprd2.gif

ao.sprd2.gif

T

EURO gives another coastal late week.  We only need to move it 500 miles to the West.  The NAM will lead the way...

ecmwf-ens_T850_mslp_namer_7.png

There isn't really anything to keep that from coming west if we can get a better phase ie southern stream slows down a bit or Northern stream speeds up but it will be one of those be careful what you wish for things. At least for now, that seems like the next "threat window".

Archived